ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Complete Guide For The Preparation Of House For The Exterior Painting Work
Total Articles: 12
Like your interior, exterior is also an important part of your property and it should not be ignored. Special attention is to be paid on the exterior walls as the onlookers or your guests gets either attracted or disgusted with the look of the exterior walls. It is time to think about those stains and cracks that is degrading the beauty of your house.
The exterior painting contractors in Sydney are able to work with a diverse group of members and transforming the outside décor of the properties.
Before you begin with the painting work, you have to prepare the cracked walls for a smooth painting.
Wash Walls Properly
Exterior walls have to come into direct contact of dirt and dust which is responsible for snatching away its luster.
So, first step towards a successful painting work is to thoroughly wash the walls with the help of a pressure washer. Once the dirt is removed, you will find a smooth surface which is good for a re-painting job.
Repairing Cracks and Holes on Wall
As it has been already mentioned that exterior walls get easily damaged over time so repairing work is to be undertaken.
If you tend to apply paint over rough and uneven surface then it’s hard to find a good finish. Epoxy fillers are also available in the market that seals the holes.
Remove Old Paint
The old paint is to be removed for applying the new one. In this respect the help of painting contractors can be taken who might take an extra charge but still do the job efficiently. This paint removal work can be conducted smoothly by using a paint scraper.
Apply Primer on Walls
Mostly amateur painters do a common mistake which is directly painting the walls. This can hamper the entire paint color and you are not going to get a smooth finish.
So, it is always recommended to apply one coat of primer before beginning with the painting activity.
Cover Lighting Fixtures
As paint can stain the doors or windows so you need to cover them. There are some homes where lighting fixtures are found at the outside walls and it should be either removed or covered, if not possible.
Painter’s tape are available that can safeguard such items from drenching with the spills of paints.
About the Author: This contribution has been made by Hudson Cambage who has written a number of article on Exterior Painting Sydney and provides fruitful information.
Home and Garden Articles1. 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
Author: Tana Lake
2. How To Choose A Home Renovation Organization?
Author: James Kyle
3. Garage Door Repair And Maintenance Looking Into Protection
4. Garage Door Restoration - How You The Best Repairman
5. Questions To Think About When Hiring A Garage Door Repair Service Provider
6. What You Need To Know When It Comes To Garage Door Maintenance
7. Where To Find The Best Company For Garage Door Repair And Installation
8. Selecting Your Local Garage Door Restoration Service
9. Garage Door Restoration - The Guidelines To Success
10. Professional Tips To Perform A Garage Door Repair
11. Garage Door Restoration For Everybody
12. Emergency Garage Door Repair Solutions
13. Advantages Of Cork Flooring
Author: Gabriel Fulton
14. A Complete Guide That You Should Consider For Travertine Tile & Paver Installation
Author: Pamela Edgess
15. How Do You Keep Your Area Rug Clean?
Author: Nikolay Milchev