ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Advantages Of A Loft Conversion
Do you feel short of space at home? Maybe your children are older and need a bedroom of their own or maybe you need an extra bathroom to save queues in the morning rush. Perhaps you would like to work from home and need an extra space so you can set up a home office. If this is the case then you may be considering moving to a bigger house. If this is the case, have you thought about a loft conversion instead?
1. A loft conversion can be cheaper than the cost of moving house. Costs involved in moving house will generally include the difference in the price of the new house compared to the current one, taxes, legal fees, estate agent fees, removal costs, home report etc.)
2. A loft conversion can increase the value of your home by as much as 20%
3. A loft conversion avoids all the hard work of planning, packing, redirecting and general upheaval of moving house
4. Instead of having to decorate just one or 2 rooms when you create a loft conversion, a whole new house may require many more rooms to be redecorated including the kitchen or bathroom, which can be very expensive.
5. You can design the loft space to suit your specific needs
6. By staying put, you get to keep your great neighbours
7. Unless you are carrying out a major roof restructure, a loft conversion can be carried out all year round because most of the work is internal
8. Loft conversions can be carried out in bungalows, top floor tenements and villas (as long as the roof has enough head height to walk about in and usable space)
9. Velux or dormer windows can be used to bring light into your loft conversion. Velux windows are cheaper to buy and install and don’t need planning permission unless you live in a conservation area. Dormer windows are more expensive but provide extra head room.
10. As well as new living space, you can also get a lot of extra useful storage space in the eves. A good joiner will be able to build custom storage solutions to make the most of the available space.
If you like your current home, but need more space it is definitely worth thinking about a loft conversion. Get in touch with a good joiner or carpenter and they will be able to check out your loft and let you know if you have enough usable space to go ahead.
Home and Garden Articles1. The Marble Craft Trends - All You Should Know
Author: Shruti Sharma
2. Advantages Of Installation Of Home Security Devices
Author: Owen Summerville
3. 5 Easy Cleaning Tips To Improve Productivity At Work
Author: Jamie Fison
4. Why Opt For Carpet Cleaners This Festive Season?
Author: Lilian Facy
5. How To Speed Up The Validation Process Of Your Planning Application
Author: Garry Stacks
6. Tips To Locate The Right Roofing Service Provider
Author: Michael Gilmore
7. How To Take Care Of The Guttering System In Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. How To Get Rid Of Molds From Your Carpet
Author: Elvin Dao
9. What Is The Use Of Development Management Sydney?
Author: Adam Leworthy
10. 3 Major Things To Know About The Security Screen Doors
Author: Lincoln Gawler
11. If You Notice This, Call A Landscaper
Author: Nathan Boutros
12. Holiday Top 3 Trends For Your Landscape This Holidays In Cape Coral, Fl
Author: Progreen Landscaping and Pavers
13. Five Tips To Prevent Electrical Hazards
Author: Edmund Brunetti
14. Different Types Of Artificial Grass In 2020
Author: Tim Kennedy
15. Warm Your Home With Underfloor Heating
Author: Andy Guy