ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Advantages Of A Loft Conversion
Total Articles: 1
Do you feel short of space at home? Maybe your children are older and need a bedroom of their own or maybe you need an extra bathroom to save queues in the morning rush. Perhaps you would like to work from home and need an extra space so you can set up a home office. If this is the case then you may be considering moving to a bigger house. If this is the case, have you thought about a loft conversion instead?
1. A loft conversion can be cheaper than the cost of moving house. Costs involved in moving house will generally include the difference in the price of the new house compared to the current one, taxes, legal fees, estate agent fees, removal costs, home report etc.)
2. A loft conversion can increase the value of your home by as much as 20%
3. A loft conversion avoids all the hard work of planning, packing, redirecting and general upheaval of moving house
4. Instead of having to decorate just one or 2 rooms when you create a loft conversion, a whole new house may require many more rooms to be redecorated including the kitchen or bathroom, which can be very expensive.
5. You can design the loft space to suit your specific needs
6. By staying put, you get to keep your great neighbours
7. Unless you are carrying out a major roof restructure, a loft conversion can be carried out all year round because most of the work is internal
8. Loft conversions can be carried out in bungalows, top floor tenements and villas (as long as the roof has enough head height to walk about in and usable space)
9. Velux or dormer windows can be used to bring light into your loft conversion. Velux windows are cheaper to buy and install and don’t need planning permission unless you live in a conservation area. Dormer windows are more expensive but provide extra head room.
10. As well as new living space, you can also get a lot of extra useful storage space in the eves. A good joiner will be able to build custom storage solutions to make the most of the available space.
If you like your current home, but need more space it is definitely worth thinking about a loft conversion. Get in touch with a good joiner or carpenter and they will be able to check out your loft and let you know if you have enough usable space to go ahead.
Home and Garden Articles1. why Is Maintenance Of Society Important?
Author: Preeti Sharma
2. Invest In A Good Quality Semi Frameless Glass Pool Fencing Today!
Author: Blitz Glass
3. Great Benefits Of Standing Seam Metal Roof That Make Them So Demanding
Author: Bryson Kaleb
4. Think To Have A Professional House, Local Painters Melbourne
Author: Mclean Painting
5. What Are The Basics Of Roofing Replacement?
Author: Rick Lopez
6. Window Cleaning Tips To Keep Your Glass Windows Looking Great
Author: Greenforce Windowpro
7. Startup Ideas For Women Entrepreneurs
Author: Tanya Sharma
8. tips On Interior Design
Author: Preeti Sharma
9. Different Kinds Of Marble Tile Flooring
Author: Maheshwari Impex
10. Hire Cleaning Professionals To Make Premises More Clean
Author: Nettoyage de bureau Montréal
11. Top 3 Factors To Consider Before Hiring The Right Garage Door Company In La
Author: Katherine Branson
12. What To Do When Your Pool Leaks
Author: Contemporary Pools
13. Top 5 Tips To Find A Trusted Local Electrician
Author: Elena Gilbert
14. 4 Ways To Keep Your Carpet Look Always New
Author: Fresh Cleaning Services
15. What Is The Importance Of Calling A Technician For Stove Repairing?
Author: Anu Walia