ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Accentuate Your Style With Authentic & Pure Kashmiri Pashmina Shawls
Total Articles: 4
The beautiful valley of Kashmir has lived in the handicraft industry since ages. Among handicrafts, shawls & scarves have gained immense popularity all round the globe for the unique ways adopted in their crafting. Shawl making in Kashmir is an age old practice over which the artisans have expertise themselves over generations. The shawls prepared from Pashmina fiber are deemed evergreen & endorsed by all generations irrespective of gender & nation.
Pashmina is an exclusive art of this paradise on Earth. The fine processing of Kashmiri Pashmina shawls from the authentic fiber to the final product right from harvesting is not a child’s play. However, the magnificence of end product oozes out all the hardships undertaken in its manufacturing.
Pashmina is a fine type of Kashmiri Wool obtained by shearing fleece of four distinct breeds of the Cashmere goat. These include:
1. Changthangi or Kashmir Pashmina goat found in Changthang Plateau in Kashmir region
2. The Malra found in Kargil area in Kashmir region
3. The Chegu from Himachal Pradesh in northern India
4. Chyangara or Nepalese Pashmina goat from Nepal
Despite popular rumors, these special goats are not slaughtered. In fact, Pashmina production is a major source of livelihood to many families in the Himalayan region.
Opulent kashmiri Pashmina Shawls are manufactured with ultimate intricacy. Brilliantly colored & beautifully designed feather weighed Pashmina Shawls have become a fashion sensation combining contemporary style, comfort & luxury. To own a Pashmina is to experience royalty!
Pashmina has always been the love & desire of women all around the world. The worth & excellence that a Kashmiri Pashmina Shawl beholds can be well explained only by a woman. Treasured for their reminiscent designs & intricacies since time immemorial, the warmth, softness & comfort of these shawls is incomparable.
How to identify a pure Pashmina?
Pashmina Shawls are much sought after for their imperial weave & fineness of pure cashmere wool. However, the greed for money has drenched the market with unscrupulous people who adopt unethical means to fill their pockets. Reckless attitude of customers can cause them to lose big. It is therefore important that you be acquainted with some tricks to identify pure cashmere pashmina shawls from the fake ones. Follow the steps to test the authenticity of the product before you actually invest in it.
1. The warmth & the softness of the shawl is the major identity of a pure pashmina.
2. Matte Appearance: The authentic pashmina bears a matte appearance though sometimes a slight sheen is possible. If the pashmina has sheen, ensure it is slight. A whole lot of it depicts an impure pashmina.
3. The reality of Pashmina lies in its diameter: Though it is hard to believe, but the truth is diameter details of a Pashmina are a good indicator of its authenticity. 14 to 15.5 microns means the Pashmina is authentic. If the diameter is above 19 microns the product is not considered appropriate. The lightness and softness of the product is inversely proportional to its diameter.
4. Burning Test: We obviously do not want to spoil the shawl, but picking a small thread from the fringes is enough to carry out the authenticity test. Place the thread on a plate & burn it. If it smells of burnt hair & ash turns out to be a powdery substance, it is likely to be a real Pashmina.
5. To answer your doubts on its genuineness check for the weave of the Pashmina: Check the weave of the pashmina carefully against the light. A pure pashmina will reflect irregular weave as it is woven on a handloom. These irregularities are a mark of real Pashmina Product.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Factors To Consider When Seeking The Same Day Flower Delivery
Author: Larry Montesano
2. Bored With Practicing Boxing With The Same Thing, Again And Again, Wishing Something New To Practice
Author: tina lynn
3. Pioneering Cutbacks With Led
Author: Synergy Wave System LLP
4. Look At Gifts Through The Eyes Of The Recipient
5. Understand How Stocking Manufactured
Author: John Evan
6. What Are The Benefits Of Maternity & Cervical Pillows?
Author: Manju Sharma
7. Why You Should Buy Iphone 6s Battery Replacements From Anyone But Apple
Author: Darren Chappel
8. When It’s Time To Buy A New Iphone Battery
Author: Darren Chappel
9. What Can Flowers Be Used For?
Author: Joseph Delarge
10. While Buying Any Spa Or Hot Tub Consider These
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
11. Know The Hidden Benefits Of Music Before Musical Instruments Online Shopping
12. Upgrade Your Normal Tv To A Hd Smart Tv
Author: Srinivas Dandu
13. 4 Proven Ways To Correctly Store A Leather Jacket
Author: Ravjit Soin
14. How To Choose The Right Ring
Author: Jigar Shah
15. Quick Guide: Flowers For People From Different Countries
Author: Mary Dann