ALL >> Education >> View Article
Guidance On The Management Of Manual Handling In The Workplace
Total Articles: 20
Manual handling is a risky task and can cause many accidents and injuries in the workplace if the workers do not have proper awareness about handling or lifting heavy loads. Manual Handling course is mainly designed to reduce or prevent workplace injuries due to improper handling of objects without proper knowledge and guidance. A person who has completed this course can able to complete their given task safely. By following some easy steps will help them to reduce the workplace risk up to a certain limit. There are many advantages to taking a manual handling course by each and every employee in the worksite to secure their life. The main advantage is to provide better and valuable training for Employees. Manual handling injuries can have dangerous connections for the employer and the person who has been injured. They can happen almost anyplace in the worksite and heavy manual labour, awkward postures, legs and back or previous injury can increase the risk.
Six main advantages to Manual Handling training programme for employees
1. Raises Awareness among workers
2. Good practice and guidance
3. Employees in their suitable working Environment
4. Teaching employees how to operate Mechanical Aids
5. Learning through Experience and practical sessions
6. Promotes a healthy and productive workforce
The vital task for proper and accurate implementation of manual handling task is a risk assessment. It needs to be carried out to determine what action can be taken to reduce the risk of injury. Risk assessment is the best step to reduce the injuries and accidents in the site, and also you can reduce the risk of lifting heavy loads by using machinery. Always make sure that you are using the correct machine to lift different loads. If manually lifting the object is the only choice, the risk can be rapidly reduced:
• Make the load into smaller or lighter lifts
• Split up a large consignment into smaller quantities
• Modify the workplace to prevent or reduce the need to twist or lift from floor level or high level
• Provide suitable training that is relevant to your workplace
It is important to know some factors in the workplace may increase the risk of an injury occurring. These hazards caused by improper manual handling can be identified in different ways:
• Walk through the workplace and look for possible dangers.
• Talk over risk factors with workers.
• Regularly monitor and update risk identification.
Consider this simple and effective method without fail before carrying out a manual handling task by each and everyone especially:
• The individual who carried out the task, e.g. strength, fitness, underlying medical conditions
• The weight to be lifted manually
• The distance to be carried the load
• The size and shape of the item to be carried
• An uncomfortable posture has to be taken to move the item
Some safety suggestions for a worker can assist them to make their work more smooth and healthy and which are:
• Change the task with the convenience, always ask the supervisor for the importance of the work and Does this task need to be carried out?
• Change the object or the size of the object accordingly like, to repack a heavy load into smaller parcels
• Change the workspace to the suitable and convenient location for lifting load and always make sure work benches are at Optimum heights to limit bending or stretching
• Change the environmental conditions which including heat, cold and vibration that disturbs the work
• Use machines such as wheelbarrows, conveyor belts, cranes or forklifts for heavy lifting
• Change the nature and method of the work which offers frequent breaks or the chance to do different tasks
• Take proper manual handling training because inexperienced workers are more likely to be injured.
Manual Handling course for employees which promotes efficient and safe practice by good teaching by experienced professionals within the workplace.
Education Articles1. Going Through Proper Training Is A Better Option To Achieve Success In Career
Author: Alzbeta Berka
2. Most Effective Ways To Increase Your Standard Of Teaching In Institutes
Author: Alzbeta Berka
3. Surat Al Fatihah
Author: Shehzad Hasan
4. Qlik Sense Online Course
Author: oveiya krishnasamy
5. How To Become A Professional Fashion Illustrator!
Author: Britanindya Ghosh
6. Why Pursue Career In Business Management And Administrative
Author: ponting brown
7. Splunk Course Online Training From Ibm It Solutions
Author: Harika Sharma
8. Which Is The Best Electronics & Communication Engineering College In India?
Author: Techno International New Town
9. Mba/bba Project Report Services:how To Write A Great Conclusion
Author: anushka yadav
10. How Can You Help Your Child Living In A Boarding School?
11. Top 5 Eco-friendly Activities To Teach Kids These Summers
12. 5 Things Your College Must Provide For You
13. List Of Top Fashion Designing Institute In Bangalore | Vidya Fashion Academy
Author: Vidya Fashion Academy
14. Advanced Java Blogs For Programmers Of All Level
15. Discover The Scopes To Become A Licensed Cctv Operator In United Kingdom
Author: Alzbeta Berka