ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Warning Signs That Signals Your House Needs Rewiring
You’ve given enough thoughts to your home’s interior decoration and curb appeal to make them look more beautiful. But, have you ever thought of your home’s wiring? Is it in a good shape?
Did you know more than 39% of home electrical fires involve outlets and receptacles, interior house wiring, and other electrical wiring? One of the best ways to prevent these tragedies from happening is checking your home’s electrical wiring. Here we’ve listed some of the warning signs that one should give attention to prevent any electrical injuries. Once you notice these warning signs, call your Toowoomba electrician to fix the issue.
There should not be any buzzing or sizzling sounds from electrical outlets. If your electrical outlets produce any buzzing noise, then it means that your electrical system is failing. This is true, especially when the outlet feels hot to the touch.
Frequent Trips in Circuit Breakers
Circuit breakers are designed in such a way to trip or shutdown whenever the electrical load is greater than a required limit. If the circuit breaker in your home’s electrical system trips often, then it indicates a serious electrical wiring issue.
Fluctuations in Power
Power fluctuations during a thunderstorm are less worrisome but if it occurs frequently or you notice lights flickering several times a day, then it indicates that the electrical wiring needs servicing. Your electrician in Toowoomba will help you fix this problem in no time.
Unusual Burning Smell
When you sense a prolonged and unidentified burnt smell in your house, you should investigate the issue without any hitch. If the burnt odour is not accompanied with the discolouration on the outlets, then the problem could be associated with a problem in the wiring behind the walls.
The electric wiring in your house needs to be replaced, if the outlets produce sparks when you plug in or unplug an appliance.
Other Warning Signs
- Frequently blown fuses
- Over-amped or over-fused electrical
- Discoloured switch plates, cords or plugs
- Loose outlets
- Cracked, cut or broken insulation
- Electrical shock when you plug in or touch a cord
However, it's a good idea to have your home's electrical system inspected periodically even if you don’t notice any warning signs of faulty wiring. Here are a few reasons to check the wiring,
- Your home is older than 30 years
- If you are relying on extension cords for power
- You’ve made any major home improvements
- Your home has Aluminium instead of copper wiring
The author of this article is the leading electrical contractor in Toowoomba with over a decade of experience in the industry. In this article, he lists the warning signs that indicate that your house needs rewiring. Visit https://st8wideelectrical.com.au/ for more information.
Home and Garden Articles1. Residential Painting Contractor-a Great Way To Transform Your Home's Interior & Exterior
Author: Martha Navas
2. What Are The Different Types Of Bed Bug Exterminator Treatments Used Today?
Author: David Alexander
3. Why Flowers Are The Best Item To Decorate Your Home
Author: Ashutosh Verma
4. Get The Best Quality Timber And Oak Flooring Products And Accessories
Author: Chloe Winson
5. Everything You Should Know About Swimming Pool Heat Pumps
Author: Kajal Hedav
6. 5 Marble Slabs That Makes Your Bathroom Design Look Elegant
Author: Hemani Singh
7. 5 Best Kitchen Marbles For Perfect Kitchens
Author: Sipani Mables
8. Welcome To New Beginnings: Why The Neo-modern Idea Is So Important To Modern Way Of Living
Author: Ramesh Sharma
9. How Much Should You Pay For A Mattress In Australia
Author: Mandeep Singh
10. What Is The Importance Kitchen Sink To Every House?
Author: Divya Verma
11. Aluminum Garage Doors Are The Best!
Author: Jose Gordan
12. How Does The Scented Air Filters Work?
Author: Mark Joshua
13. Design Tips For Living Room
Author: gunjan gupta
14. How Do You Know The Location For My New Hot Tub Installation?
Author: Cedar Barrel Saunas
15. Home Disinfecting: How To Keep Your Bedroom Clean
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright