ALL >> Health >> View Article
Elderly Home Care Service – Caring Seniors Without Harming Their Emotions
It is mostly observed that seniors are emotionally attached to their homes and want spend their whole life at their home with their loved ones. And that is what their families want too! Problems arise when taking care of the senior member goes beyond what the family members can provide. Previously in such situations, people used to find nursing homes for their senior loved ones, but nowadays there is an alternative available. Today many seniors are remaining at their homes and all thanks to the wide range of medical and non-medical senior home care service providers.
Non- Medical Elderly Care Service: Such services include a broad range of no-medical services.
The care plans are designed according to the needs of the individuals. A non-medical service means providing assistance to the elderly persons for carrying out their daily life activities such as eating, companionship, meal planning and preparation, transportation, errands, bill paying, light housekeeping, personal hygiene maintenance such as bathing, toileting and grooming and basic movements. Medication reminders for taking pills and for regular check-ups are also included in case of non-medical senior home care services.
Medical Elderly Parents Home Care Service: Such care is provided by healthcare professionals such as nurses, therapists (both physical and occupational) medical social workers, dieticians, medication managers and technicians. These services include blood draws, vital sign checks as well as physical therapies and can even include home dialysis if required. Such a home care service is performed under the supervision of a physician.
And the National Association for Home Care has set some general guidelines for selecting professional elderly home care service providers. Below are the recommendations that you need to follow to find the right service for your elderly parents or loved ones!
The first thing that you need to do is find out various service providers within your locality, for an instance say, you are residing in Bloomfield then you need to find out the various service providers offering elderly home care service in Bloomfield CT. And then once you acquire the names of several service providers you need to learn more regarding their services and reputations. And there are several questions that you must ask the service providers and the other individuals who have taken help from them previously or know about the track record of the provider. All these inquiries will help you in determining the best service provider for your loved one.
• How long this provider has been in the service?
• Does this provider provide any written documents that explain their services, fees, eligibility requirements? There are many providers who provide a detailed report or material that summaries the rights and responsibilities of the service providers, caregivers as well as patients.
• What is the selection and training process this provider carries out for its employees?
• In case of medical home care services, are the nurses and the therapists required to evaluate the home care needs of the patient? Also do they consult the physicians and the family members of the patient?
• Do they include the patient as well as his or her family members for developing the plan of care? Also do they involve the family members and the patient in making changes to the care plan?
• Will the caregiver document in detail the specific tasks that will be carried out during the patient’s course of treatment? And if a copy of the same and the care plan along with the updates regarding changes in the care plan will be given to the family members?
• What are the payment procedures and if they furnish written statements that explain all of the costs and payment plan options associated with home care?
• Are the caregivers available 24 hours a day for seven days a week for handling any emergency services (if required)?
• How do they ensure the confidentiality of the patient?
It is also recommended to ask the senior home care service provider for a list of references, like doctors, patients or their family members who are familiar with the quality of services offered by the provider.
This article is written by Xcel Care LLC, is an insured, bonded, and registered non-medical home care agency in Connecticut who provide elderly home care service in Bloomfield CT. To know more about their elderly care service visit http://www.xcelhomecare.com/
Health Articles1. Us Death Care Market
2. If Medicines Don't Work, Opt For Dermato Surgery
Author: Mayra Singh
3. Blood Sugar Test Is Why So Necessary?
Author: Dr. Ratan Prakash
4. Knee Transplant Is Why Necessary?
Author: Ruchi singh
5. Do Experts Consider Tapentadol As Glorified Tramadol? Purchase Tapentadol Online
Author: Paul Nelson
6. Best Healthcare App
Author: Astocare HealthCare
7. 11 Fascinating Benefits Of Watching Sunrise
8. Anxiety Treatment In Denver- Tips To Cure Your Stress
Author: Steve James
9. Cholesterol Build Up
Author: Amanda Menard, LPN
10. : Know The Link Between Diabetes And Gangrene
Author: Dr Amol Lahoti
11. Weight Loss Secrets You Need To Know | Weight Loss Secrets Book | Deflame Enterprise
Author: David Seaman
12. How Is Cbd Oil Made?
13. Key Highlights Of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (pcos) Hair Loss In Women
Author: Rupal Jain
14. Dr. Suresh Advani: The Man Who Introduce Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation In India
Author: anirudh shrikant
15. Ecg Test Is So Necessary For Your Heart Why?
Author: Dr. Ratan Praksh