ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
All About Fssai And Need For Fssai Consultant?
What is the regulatory framework of FSSAI?
The FSSAI, basically, established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 and is the primary bodyfor regulating food items and their quality. It was established to enforce food safety in the country.
For each state, FSSAI has appointed authorities to regulate and administrate the law. FSSAI, however, is being under the control of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India.
To run a food business, one needs to obtain FSSAI Central License/ FSSAI State License or FSSAI Registration – according to the type of food business.
Mainly, FSSAI has a few essentials to follow and maintain, which include:
1. Assurance of Food Safety
2. To standardize the following: Manufacture, Storage,
Distribution, Sale, Import of various Food Items
3. To modulate science-based standards for food items
Research and Quality Assurance:
In order to keep the food safety in mind, the FSSAI has outlined specific guidelines/ set of guidelines to keep up the food safety research. For that, the Research and Development has been formed and is to be retained amenable for the following:
1. Perpetual updating and upgrading Food Safety Standards which, of course, in accordance with international organizations
2. Keep improving/ building policies in accordance with evidence-based researches
To overview quality as well as standards of food items, there have been certain functions, outlined by the FSSAI, so that quality of food can be well-assured. They, furthermore, include “Laying down procedure and guidelines for notification of the accredited laboratories as per ISO17025.”
FSSAI Certified laboratories have been hence known as
1. FSSAI notified NABL accredited labs - 112
2. State Labs - 72
3. Referral Labs – 14
Different Types of FSSAI License:
Based on the specific body/ food type, FSSAI License has been classified into three Main Categories, which are:
1. FSSAI Registration
2. FSSAI State License
3. FSSAI Central License
The FSSAI Registration is for the petty food business. This type mainly covers small vendors and local food sellers as well as petty food manufacturers. FSSAI Registration can be obtained easily and requires minimal documentation and a few procedures. It falls under the State Government.
Simply, FSSAI Registration is required for food business worth less than 12 lakh rupees turnover.
The FSSAI State License covers small, medium-sized manufacturing units as well as retailers, distributors, transporters, marketers etc.
In other words, FSSAI State License is specifically for those food businesses which are associated with food business turnover between 12 lakhs to 20 crores.
The FSSAI Central License means a food business license, for the huge food business. It concerns large manufacturers, food importers, food business operators in Airport, Seaport, Central Government Agencies etc.
It means, the FSSAI Central License is for the food business has more than 20 crore turnover.
However, to determine the very specific nature of any food business and to evaluate it, there are a few other criteria based on which Food Registration/ FSSAI Compliance can be obtained. Such aspects include the location of the business/ total number of retail stores etc.
And to do that, The FSSAI Consultant/ FSSAI License Consultant is a must.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Gelatin Market: Trends, Scope And Forecast To 2023
2. Oven Baked Indian Breads
3. Healthy Indian Diet Plan For Pregnancy That You Need To Know
Author: keerthi food
4. How To Decide The Catering Menu For Your Corporate Or Office Event
Author: Brian Daoud
5. Lactose-free Products Market: Market Growth, Analysis, Industry Insights
6. Buy Dry Fruit Online
Author: Buy dry fruits online
7. 7 Most Consumed Food In India By Food Lovers
8. 4 Amazing Benefits Of Garam Masala That You Can’t Ignore
Author: Alex Warner
9. Markaz Cafe & Lounge
Author: TheMeal Deals
10. Market Leaders In Calcium Propionate Market
11. Why Is It A Good And Healthy Idea To Switch To Authentic Mexican Cuisine?
Author: Nelly Paulina
12. Healthy School Lunch Service Provider For Kids In Nj
Author: Karson Foods
13. Organic Foods And Its Benefits: Nutritious And Delicious
Author: Satjit Kumar
14. The Best Side Of Food
15. Why People Choose Spit Roast Catering For Parties?
Author: Mario Sazos