ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
More Means Less - How Protein Powder Aids In Weight Loss
Losing weight and remaining slim is not a gift, it is a routine. You need to put in the hard work to ensure that you look and feel great, and this extends to the diet you consume. Working out requires your body to regain the muscle it has lost through food. One important supplement to help muscles retain their shape is whey protein powder.
Protein powder is an excellent way to lose weight as it increases metabolism, reduces appetite and helps the body lose large amounts of fat without losing muscle in the process.
What are protein shakes exactly?
Protein powder, which can be obtained from any supplement store can be mixed with water to create a protein shake. When access to good quality high-protein food is unavailable, protein shakes are a great way to replenish the body’s protein levels. They are great for those who are looking to lose weight and meet their daily protein requirements.
There are different types of protein powder available in the market including:
1. Whey protein - These are absorbed quickly in the body and are generally dairy-based. They contain the necessary amino acids as well.
2. Casein protein - These are dairy based as well and aren’t absorbed as quickly in the body. They also contain the necessary amino acids.
3. Hemp protein - Hemp protein is plant-based and comes with all the necessary amino acids as well. They also contain omega-3 and omega-6 fats, which are great for stabilising the body
4. Soy protein - These contain the necessary amino acids and are also plant-based. They contain soy isoflavones as well, known to boost overall health.
5. Pea protein - Plant-based, this type of protein does not have a high quantity of non-essential amino acids like methionine and cystine.
How to pick the right protein powder:
There are many protein powders available in the market, so it is necessary to choose one that allows you to lose weight in a healthy manner. There are many supplements which have artificial sweeteners, added sugar and even fillers that may seem sketchy. Pay attention to the ingredients and choose a protein powder that is made with fresh, natural ingredients.
Also, look for powders which have no added sugar or stevia. The fewer ingredients in the powder, the better it is for your overall health. Also, have it at the right time to get the best results.
The best time to have protein powder:
If you are looking to put on muscle and not lose weight, then having a protein shake right after a workout is great. You can have it in addition to other meals throughout the day and get those calories in. However, If you’re looking to lose weight, a different schedule needs to be set up.
Replacing cookies, chips and other junk food items that you might normally consume with protein shakes is another great way to lose weight. They will fill your stomach and also ensure that you’re not consuming empty calories in the process.
It is important to remember that calorie deficits are what aid weight loss the most. Having a protein shake and then proceeding to have snacks defeats the purpose entirely. Just ensure that you are able to control your consumption of the protein and overall calories. You can get that number after consulting a dietitian.
Thus, you can search everywhere for the best protein powder in India for weight loss, but without proper dieting and planning, you won’t be able to lose weight rapidly.
Fitness Articles1. Reasons You Should Hire A Personal Trainer
Author: Mike Blaze
2. Yoga Therapy
Author: mohana basran
3. Resolve Conflicts And Problems Through The Wisdom And Understanding Of Marriage Counseling In Scotts
Author: peter Ball
4. How To Slim Down Your Thighs With Easy Exercises?
5. Four Exercises To Get Flat Belly In Few Months
6. Low-carb Diet Plan For Weight Loss
Author: Anita kapoor
7. What Makes Gym Bag With Shoe Compartment So Popular?
Author: Jennifer Quinn
8. What Is Breast Cancer And Symptoms
Author: Ayush Deol
9. Enroll To Improve Your Knowledge With Yoga Teacher Training Programs
Author: Rajesh mishra
10. Subha Comprehensive Cancer Care-medical|surgical|radiation Oncology
11. Perspectives And Opportunities Of Yoga Teacher Training In India
Author: Rajesh mishra
12. Why It’s Great Economic Sense To Buy Second Hand Gym Equipment
Author: Will Kirkpatrick
13. Join A Registered And Certified Health Club For Sports, Fitness And Kids Activities
Author: Peter Goldman
14. Hatha Yoga Teacher Training In Goa
Author: Rajesh mishra
15. Panchakarma Treatment In Gurgaon
Author: Jyoti Monga