ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Common Garage Door Issues During Winter
Chilly winter climate does not just cause added pressure on your home energy bills, it also can wreak havoc on your home and appliances, and as well as your garage door.
While it is quite natural for home owners to take garage doors for granted, it is feasible to understand how important it is until it stops functioning completely. There are many scenarios that can go wrong with your garage door during winter in the cold climate. Therefore, you need a garage door repair in New Westminster BC more often during the winter.
In this article we will shed some light on some of the most widespread winter garage door problems.
Metal contracts in the cold climate! As garage door tracks are usually made of metal, the garage door might get locked into place without the capability to function the way it should. You can avoid this problem by heating the garage throughout severe cold days, or by lubricating the hinges and other moving parts.
Broken springs are perhaps the most common problem when it comes to garage door issues, but metal leans to become harder and more brittle during winter. Therefore, if your torsion springs are older, in the winter it might be the best time to replace it with a new one. Never try to replace garage door springs on your own as it can be life threatening task. Always look for a garage door service provider who specializes in garage door repair in New Westminster BC.
If your overhead door would not open, odds are your torsion springs are broken. In addition, during the winter time you may encounter another problem that might prevent your garage door from opening – a frozen bottom seal. This usually happens when the snow melts or after a rainy day and an icy night, this will result in the garage door’s weather stripping and bottom seal to freeze. Fortunately, this is an easy fix. All you need to do is pour hot water on the ice-covered part until it is no longer ice-covered.
Some remote problems may appear during the winter season. Firs, you may have to replace the battery, which is not basically a cold climate concern, but something critical to keep in mind regardless. Secondly, humidity may build up on the battery contacts which you will have to clean up before the remote can work properly again.
As is the case with other mechanical components, preventative and ongoing maintenance is the secret to a well-functioning garage door during the winter time. Therefore, keeping a garage door company number on speed dial that provides prompt garage door repair in New Westminster BC is always going to be useful.
This article is written by Thrifty Garage Door – a reliable garage door service that offers prompt garage door repair in New Westminster BC and the surrounding areas.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Remove Water-based Stains From Your Carpet
Author: Austin Baines
2. Here’s The Best Home Appliances You Surely Need
3. Follow All Instructions On How To Get Rid Of Ants & Bees Nest
Author: Anna Benes
4. How Should The Moulds Be Removed And When To Take Expert Help?
Author: Elvin Dao
5. Florence Broadhurst Rugs Reasons To Own It For Your Busy Family Home
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. House Painters In Abbotsford - Why You Need Them
Author: Sam Philippe
7. Popular Firewoods For Starting Fires
Author: Michael Foley
8. Reasons To Work With An Interior Design Specialist
Author: Fab Modula
9. Steps You Need To Follow When Choosing An Interior Designer
Author: Kitchen Crafts
10. Exactly How To Tidy Gutters And Also Downspout By High Rain Gutter Cleaning Sacramento
Author: Cindy Harris
11. Interior Decoration Ideas For Living Room
Author: Homes Construction
12. 6 Top Things You Must Do When Moving Into A New Home
Author: Isabella Whitmore
13. Top Home Cleaning Tips For Thanksgiving
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
14. Tips On How To Choose Kitchen Cabinets That Complement Your Countertops
Author: Brittany Jones
15. Transform Your Office With Interior Plant Services
Author: Michele Sokoloff