ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Common Garage Door Issues During Winter
Total Articles: 4
Chilly winter climate does not just cause added pressure on your home energy bills, it also can wreak havoc on your home and appliances, and as well as your garage door.
While it is quite natural for home owners to take garage doors for granted, it is feasible to understand how important it is until it stops functioning completely. There are many scenarios that can go wrong with your garage door during winter in the cold climate. Therefore, you need a garage door repair in New Westminster BC more often during the winter.
In this article we will shed some light on some of the most widespread winter garage door problems.
Metal contracts in the cold climate! As garage door tracks are usually made of metal, the garage door might get locked into place without the capability to function the way it should. You can avoid this problem by heating the garage throughout severe cold days, or by lubricating the hinges and other moving parts.
Broken springs are perhaps the most common problem when it comes to garage door issues, but metal leans to become harder and more brittle during winter. Therefore, if your torsion springs are older, in the winter it might be the best time to replace it with a new one. Never try to replace garage door springs on your own as it can be life threatening task. Always look for a garage door service provider who specializes in garage door repair in New Westminster BC.
If your overhead door would not open, odds are your torsion springs are broken. In addition, during the winter time you may encounter another problem that might prevent your garage door from opening – a frozen bottom seal. This usually happens when the snow melts or after a rainy day and an icy night, this will result in the garage door’s weather stripping and bottom seal to freeze. Fortunately, this is an easy fix. All you need to do is pour hot water on the ice-covered part until it is no longer ice-covered.
Some remote problems may appear during the winter season. Firs, you may have to replace the battery, which is not basically a cold climate concern, but something critical to keep in mind regardless. Secondly, humidity may build up on the battery contacts which you will have to clean up before the remote can work properly again.
As is the case with other mechanical components, preventative and ongoing maintenance is the secret to a well-functioning garage door during the winter time. Therefore, keeping a garage door company number on speed dial that provides prompt garage door repair in New Westminster BC is always going to be useful.
This article is written by Thrifty Garage Door – a reliable garage door service that offers prompt garage door repair in New Westminster BC and the surrounding areas.
Home and Garden Articles1. 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
Author: Tana Lake
2. How To Choose A Home Renovation Organization?
Author: James Kyle
3. Garage Door Repair And Maintenance Looking Into Protection
4. Garage Door Restoration - How You The Best Repairman
5. Questions To Think About When Hiring A Garage Door Repair Service Provider
6. What You Need To Know When It Comes To Garage Door Maintenance
7. Where To Find The Best Company For Garage Door Repair And Installation
8. Selecting Your Local Garage Door Restoration Service
9. Garage Door Restoration - The Guidelines To Success
10. Professional Tips To Perform A Garage Door Repair
11. Garage Door Restoration For Everybody
12. Emergency Garage Door Repair Solutions
13. Advantages Of Cork Flooring
Author: Gabriel Fulton
14. A Complete Guide That You Should Consider For Travertine Tile & Paver Installation
Author: Pamela Edgess
15. How Do You Keep Your Area Rug Clean?
Author: Nikolay Milchev