ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Guide To Reporting Bug, Issue Or Vulnerability To Microsoft
All software can have issues even though they pass through scrupulous testing by certified professionals. The same happened with Windows and any other products which are developed by Microsoft. However, the good thing is that Microsoft is open for everyone who wants to share their feedback related to their software. You can easily report bugs, issues, or vulnerability to Microsoft.
Do you know the basic difference between bugs, issues, and vulnerability? If not, then read the article to know the exact difference between them.
A bug is a flaw in the software, which happens due to some coding problem. Also, a bug is when there is any glitch in the software.
Generally, an issue is that there is no any fault of the developer. At times, the requirement of the final screen or any product did not pass through correctly.
Vulnerability simply means that someone can gain access to your computer system or server without your permission. Though this is an advanced issue, and every company will take it seriously, and resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Steps to Report Bugs, Issue, or Vulnerability to Microsoft
Now, we are apparent about the terms; it is astute that these bugs, issues and vulnerabilities are reported directly to the Microsoft. While the vital reason that you should always have to report them to the Microsoft or company is that no one wants a flaw to get used it incorrectly, especially Vulnerabilities.
Report Issues and Bugs
Usually, the issues and bugs are safe to post in public. It is where the Microsoft always asks us to post about it in the Microsoft Community page. In Microsoft page, you can explain your problem in complete details, add a screenshot, and allow the community member to help you, but before posting anything, just make sure that you choose the correct category.
Except for the MVPs, Microsoft has their engineers who always keep eyes on the issues. And after that, if they find anything wrong which is reported by many users, the company may recognize, and check on it easily.
Report Security Vulnerability
As this is an advanced threat, Microsoft has put up a piece of advice which help you to understand what is securi6ty vulnerability means. Generally, it is very difficult to find or smudge these problems unless you know easily lot more about the software, how it will work. Microsoft suggests that, if you find any serious vulnerability, then you must have to send a report about that vulnerability to the Microsoft Security Response Center at email@example.com.
Moreover, the reporting will always include attaching some important details that can help the Microsoft to understand the problem better. Below is the list of few items which you have to attach while sending any report to the Microsoft:
• Types of issues such as SQL injection, buffer overflow, cross-site scripting, and many more.
• Products and version which contains the bug, or URL if for online services.
• Security updates, services packs, or some other updates for the installed products.
• Some special configuration which is required to reproduce issues.
• Exploit code or any proof-of-concept.
• Impact of some issues which include how any attacker could exploit the issue.
• Stepwise instructions to reproduce the issue on some fresh install.
• Any special configuration required to reproduce some issues.
After started the Windows Insider program, Microsoft rolled out with an inbuilt reporting option, which is called as Feedback HUB. This is pre-installed on your computer system.
Open the Feedback Hub; then two major options will appear on your screen;
• Report an issue to suggest a feature
You can use it to keep a tab on some famous issues, find issues which you have faced, and many more. Additionally, a Feedback Hub is too much good; even you do need to go to any public forum to report any issues or bugs related to Microsoft products. You can easily search for all related issues in the hub, upvote it and also able to share your solution on it.
Also, it includes Announcements from Microsoft for new features and major rollouts. Thus, you can use this tool to send out diagnostic data from your computer to Microsoft. This tool will capture all your actions on your computer system which kindles that problem and then sends it to Microsoft.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Devin smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Computers Articles1. Important Features Of Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016
2. Windows 10 - Can You Upgrade To Windows 10 Home Or Will You Simply Upgrade Your Pc?
3. How To Create A Windows 10 Professional Screen Online
4. The Perfect Way To Get Windows 10 Enterprise
5. Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019
6. The Home Student 2019 Mac
7. Microsoft Visio Professional 2019 License Keys/
8. Is Microsoft Project Professional 2019 Expensive?
9. Microsoft Office Home Student
10. Why Would You Will Need To Update To Microsoft Office 2020 Home Business Suite?
11. Cooler For Rent, Laptop For Rent, Ac For Rent, Fridge On Rent In Gurgaon, Rental Company
12. List Of Basic Software To Be Installed On A New Computer
Author: Software Codes
13. Social Media Marketing Services In Coimbatore
Author: Third Law
14. How To Unlock Rytec Amr Sniper Rifle In Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare
Author: Marco Nixon
15. How To Get Around The New Sync Limits Of Google Photos On Android
Author: Marco Nixon