ALL >> Business >> View Article
How To Nullify Malware Threats On Smartphones
Keeping malware away from a phone is the best way to maintain optimal device security. Since most smartphones are connected to the Internet today, the chances of malware infections increase. At the same time, malware infections have become easier to detect.
Leading security product companies like Kaspersky Lab and McAfee admit that malware infections are becoming more intelligent and dangerous. If users are careless about phone security, they can easily fall prey to attacks. For starters, camera blocker and anti-malware apps can be of help. But before you think you are completely secure, it is important to improve your knowledge regarding them.
How Malware Can Harm Your Security
Most people today are habituated to conducting online transactions for literally everything from buying groceries and paying restaurant bills, to shopping online or paying service providers. This is music to the ears of cybercriminals who are ready to pounce on any security weaknesses.
Just to give you an idea regarding how dangerous things are - mobile ransomware threats have witnessed a tremendous upswing, along with newer forms of fatal banking malware. To add to the misery of users, there are literally thousands of questionable apps on the Google Play Store now. When you lazily click ‘Yes’ on the permission dialog boxes, you are effectively opening the door to parties with malicious intent.
How Malware Enters Your Smartphone
1. Questionable communications - If you like clicking on unverified or questionable ‘bait’ links, you might be letting malware in. Hackers and other cybercriminals can pretend to represent well-known companies, to send you communications via email or even texts. Be wary of such questionable communications.
2. Unauthorized camera access - Your cell phone cameras are good for selfies, panoramic shots, shooting HD videos, and what not. But it is possible for criminals to access your camera without your knowledge. The easy (and effective) solution is to get software like Cameraless, which has powerful camera block features. Doing so can stop spying and hacker activities.
3. Fake and malicious applications - You hear about the latest camera or productivity app from your friend and feel like you must try it. Then when you search it on the Play Store, you see many with the same name, logo etc. If you download the fake one and give it all permissions, it can very well help criminals to infest your device.
What You Can Do for Malware Infections
1. Do not install any fake and malicious applications on your smartphone. In fact, do not install any application you don’t really need.
2. Protect yourself from camera snooping by getting a camera blocker or jammer application. These can prevent any unwanted access, either from other people or any unwanted applications.
3. You can try to install a powerful mobile security application with anti-malware features. Update such apps regularly to get new threat definitions, and scan once in a while to weed out potential threats.
These are some simple things you can do keep malware away from your smartphone. Any form of malware infection can prove to be fatal for your security.
Learn more about on how to nullify malware threats on smartphones. For more information visit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manyera.simplecameradisable
Business Articles1. Heavy Plastic Will Lead Sustainability Movement In The Post-pandemic World Order
Author: Michael Luis
2. Why Engineering Consultancy And Its Services Are Important In Different Industrial Sectors
Author: Elegrow Technology
3. Webinar #21 Second Phase – A Billtrust Solution
Author: NSA COM
4. Tailor Made Music Lessons
Author: Judith Muir
5. Mitigating The Dangers Of Lead Paint Removal
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. Love Marriage Specialist In Victoria | Vashikaran Specialist In Victoria
Author: master sadashiv
7. Muthoot Finance Ncd : Muthoot Finance Limited Ncd Opens On Sep 27
8. Manappuram Home Finance Ncd From Sep 30, 2019 To Oct 29, 2019
9. Icici Prudential Life Insurance Shares Tumbled: Stocks
10. Hindustan Construction Company Ltd. Shares Gained 1%
11. How You Can Apply For The Dealership Of Any Gas Agency?
12. Top 12 Stocks To Buy For The Next 2 Weeks
Author: Stock Investor
13. What Is Water Management And How It Is Accomplished By A Property Preservation Company?
Author: RPR Services, LLC
14. Healthcare Bpo Companies: Medical Innovation And Solution
Author: Allan Jones
Author: Ruhbi Cabasbas