ALL >> Health >> View Article
5 Serious Causes Of Discolored Manhood Skin: Identification, Treatment, And Prevention
Total Articles: 208
Most times, a little male organ discoloration isn’t too big of a deal. It could be the result of several non-threatening issues. Things like Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (say that fast five times) or mild bruising (both generally due to activities like pleasure, sports, or umm…behaving a little too rough with oneself) can occur and these small, minor injuries to the manhood skin might require a lot of R&R and a little OTC cream and pain reliever to get back to good. However, there are some times that discolored manhood skin can be linked to something bigger and scarier. While it can be jarring, it’s important to know what’s out there, preferably before experiencing symptoms, so a man can catch anything serious early and head to the doc post-haste. Here are some of the more serious causes of discolored manhood skin, their related symptoms, and an idea of what treatment entails.
1) Zoon’s Balanitis – While it sounds like something from outer space, it is a benign condition that can last from months to years. While benign, it’s staying power landed it on this list. Zoon’s tends to affect middle-aged to elderly men with uncircumcised male organes. The condition presents as an orange-red to red-brown patch, generally on the glans, that is smooth and shiny. Over time, the patch can expand without treatment. Researchers have not been able to isolate a known cause, but poor hygiene, rubbing, smegma stones, and potentially, HPV, have been linked. Treatment usually consists of a high-potency corticosteroid cream or a CO2 laser. Medical attention must be sought for this
2) Hematomas – Bruising of the male organ after an injury can result in darkening, sometimes to a dark purple, blue, or green hue. However, when that bruise is elevated to a hematoma, it becomes lumpy to the touch as blood from the injury pools beneath the skin. This can cause a very serious, very dangerous loss of blood flow. Men experiencing this should see a doctor immediately. Treatment can range from ice packs and ibuprofen to surgery to prevent the rupture of a major vein in the male organ.
3) Stevens-Johnson Syndrome – Allergic reactions are entirely common and can happen on any part of the body, the male organ included. However, if the male organ turns a very distinguishable purple and stays that way, it’s possible the cause may be a severe allergic reaction to medication resulting in Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS). If the rash accelerates into peeling skin and sores, get to the emergency room ASAP. This is a very serious illness that can lead to death. There are specific medications which are more likely to cause SJS: sulfa-based antibiotics, ibuprofen, anticonvulsants, antipsychotics, naproxen, and antibiotics. Be sure to bring medication to the emergency room. Treatment includes a full-range of professionally-given care and generally takes place in the ICU or burn unit due to the seriousness of the issue. In essence, those who suffer from SJS will need to grow back skin and should expect a hospital stay.
4) STIs – Often the first thing men worry about when noting a discolored male organ skin, sensual transmitted infections like genital herpes and syphilis do have links to male organ discoloration. Other symptoms to be on the lookout for include fever, itchiness, pain, fatigue, and a burning sensation in the genital area. Get to a doctor or clinic for testing. Treatment varies depending on the STI and the severity of the case.
5) Manhood Cancer – No one ever likes to hear the C-word, but unfortunately, discolored manhood skin is the first symptom of cancer. It can happen anywhere on the male organ, so uncircumcised men should be sure to pull back foreskin for inspection regularly. This discoloration may also be accompanied by other symptoms like a lump, thickening of the manhood skin, reddish rash, flat bluish-brown growths, a sour-smelling discharge, a lump in the groin, or unexplained pain in the male organ. See a doctor as soon as possible for tests.
Preventing Discolored Manhood Skin
First and foremost, practice safe pleasure. Use protection to prevent STIs and always have an open dialogue about pleasureual and medical history with partners, even if it sucks the romance out of the room. Be sure to conduct a weekly self-exam of the genital area, noting any differences and pains. Wear appropriate protective gear during group or adventure sports to minimize trauma or injury to the male organ.
In addition to the tips above, employ a grooming regimen to keep the male organ clean, healthy, and protected. Cleanse regularly and thoroughly with a gentle cleanser, being sure to clean all the folds and crevasses and rinsing well. Follow up cleansing with a specifically formulated male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) to hydrate and calm the male organ. These specially created crèmes provide vitamins and nutrients like vitamins A, B5, C, D, and E topically to promote healthy skin and cellular function. Amino acids like L-Arginine and L-Carnitine help to protect the male organ from nerve damage and promote healthy blood flow. This extra step promotes male organ vitality and results in good, overall male organ health.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Health Articles1. Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
2. Robotic Surgery Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
3. Resistant Depression Treatment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
4. Radiation Dose Management Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
5. Histopathology Services Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, An
6. Cardiac Catheter Introducer Kits Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
7. Blood Processing Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
8. Anti-microbial Packaging Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
9. Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
10. Drug Of Abuse Testing Market Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
11. Home Oral Care- An Essential Regime
Author: Pooja Agrawal
12. Drinking Iced Tea During Pregnancy: Is It Safe?
13. What Is Dental Implant Surgery?
Author: Dr. Lokesh
14. Treatment Options For Arthritis Pain
Author: Illinois Pain
15. Paracetamol Is Effective & Secure In Pain-relief (check This Out, Why)