ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Edm 350 System And How It Works ?
The aircraft Engine Data Manager 350 (EDM 350), by J.P. Instruments is a small box-like device with an LCD screen on the front and it keeps track of the vital functions of the aircraft engine.
The faceplate requires just 3.25 square inches of space on your aircraft dashboard and is easily fitted.
Although physically small in size, this little gadget is packed with electronic chips that analyse 24 different engine functions in any 4-cylinder aircraft. The basic 4-cylinder EDM 350 kits start at just $798 while the 6-cylinder EDM 350 kits are priced at $988. Both representing enormous value for money.
Fitting the EDM 350 is as easy as can be – first, attach all the probes to the engine and thread them out of the empty space 3.25-inch space. Next, attach the probes and wires to the EDM 350 and ‘plug-in’ the EDM 350 Aircraft engine data manager into the empty socket. That it, you’re good to go.
How the EDM 350 works:
The EDM 350 is like a little on board computer. It has ‘high‘, ‘low’ and ‘normal’ figures for 24 different engine parameters pertaining to 2 ~ 4 cylinder aircraft engines. Once the aircraft engine is switched on, the 24 sensors attached to different parts of the aircraft engine, pickup data and transmit the same via wires to the EDM 350.
As the data begins to flow in, the EDM 350 begins to display the information on the LCD screen. The information may be displayed graphically or in actual numbers depending on how the pilot wishes to view the information.
So long as all parameters are in the ‘normal’ range it simply displays the data. If however, any parameter is in the ‘low’ or ‘high’ range, an audio-visual alarm is triggered. The ‘lows’ and ‘highs’ can be entered manually by the pilot.
With the Electronic Data Management Systems 350 on board, the pilot is free to fly the plane and enjoy the experience rather than having to concentrate constantly the status of the engine.
Here are the 24 different engine parameters that the EDM 350 keeps a watch over:
1. CHT - Cylinder head temp - probes and harness included.
2. EGT - Exhaust gas temp.
3. VDC - Voltage display.
4. ROP/LOP - Lean finder.
5. CLD - Shock cooling on all cylinders.
6. DIFF - Engine health.
7. Internal Memory - Enough memory to record 600 hours of data (recorded every 6 seconds).
8. USB Port - Convenient data port for quick and easy download of engine data.
9. EZTrends Software - Graphics software with Google Earth location included.
10. MAP - Engine Manifold pressure.
11. RPM - Prop rotation speed.
12. O.T. - Engine oil temp.
13. F.P. - Fuel pressure.
14. O.P. - Engine oil pressure.
15. OAT Probe - Outside air temp.
16. CRB Probes - Carburettor temp.
17. TIT Probes - Turbine inlet temp.
18. CDT Probes - Compressor discharge temp.
19. L-R-Main - Fuel quantity in all tanks.
20. AMP - Battery load output in amps.
21. V-2 - Second volts readout.
22. % HP - With FF, OAT and RPM.
23. Amp-2 - Second load readout in Amps.
24. FF - Fuel flow includes:
• GPH - Gallons per hour.
• REQ - Fuel required to way point / destination.
• USD - Fuel used.
• H:M - Endurance in hours and minutes.
• MPG - Miles per gallon
1. EGT probes must be mounted 2 to 4 inches from aircraft cylinder head.
2. If EGT clamps are too short, please buy larger clamps (available with J.P.I)
3. If EGT probes appear to be lose, please remove the probe, squeeze the thimble and reassemble.
4. Existing TIT Probe cab be used only if the aircrafts TIT probe has the same type thermocouple.
For more information on EDM 350 Aircraft Engine Monitor data manager by J.P. Instruments, please visit: https://www.jpinstruments.com/shop/edm-350/
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Nasa's Latest Mission Mars - Developments And Expectations
Author: Chris Greenwalty
2. Google Play Store Optimization
Author: Subhanshu Ranjan Maurya
3. Buy Led Grow Lights Online At Low Price
4. Advantages Of Having The Best Android Phone
5. Information Security Consulting Market Analysis, Size, Growth, Industry Trends, Opportunities, Forec
Author: siddharth mnm
6. Realme 5
7. Why Call Center Crm Integration Is Necessary For Call Centers?
Author: Zenteno peterson
8. Reasons Why You Should Choose Ionic For Hybrid App Development?
Author: Maria William
9. Get Ready To Take Your Ecommerce Business To Cloud In 2020
Author: Brian Burell
10. Automotive Sensors Market Worth $41.9 Billion By 2025
11. Artificial Intelligence Facts
12. Should You Work For The Nhs Or Enter Private Practice?
Author: Tom Hunt
13. All About Hospital Management System
14. What It Is And How It Can Help You
Author: Jone Moss
15. Top 5 Reasons To Use Call Center Software
Author: Ethan Jones