ALL >> Legal >> View Article
What Are The Key Responsibilities Of Family Law Attorney In Divorce Case?
Your family law lawyer plays an important role in resolving issues related to divorce. Let’s have a brief look at the role of family law attorney in divorce cases.
1. Division of Property and Assets
When a couple gets divorced, marital property and assets are liable for equitable division. Your family law attorney negotiates with your spouse lawyer to come up to a mutual property settlement agreement with your partner. Every state has its own guidelines for division of marital property and assets. Equitable division does not necessarily mean that assets are divided equally into two parts. Various factors such as parties’ contribution to the marital property and financial assets, length of the marriage, and the financial situation of each spouse are taken into account. Your family attorney makes sure that division of property and financial assets as per the state's family law.
2. Planning Child Custody Arrangement and Visitation Rights
Who will have the child? Who will be responsible for making big decisions in a child’s life? This is often the point of conflict between parents. Your family law lawyer determines a workable child custody plan and visitation plan which is in the best interest of you and your child. In most divorce cases, parents come to a mutual agreement, and there is no need for a trial. If parents are not able to come up to a mutual agreement, then the court makes the final decision. The judge makes the decision in the best interest of the child.
3. Calculating Child Support
Child support is the periodic amount paid by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent as ordered by the court. The purpose of child support is to make sure that there are enough financial resources for taking care of the basic needs of the child such as healthcare, education, shelter, and other expenses. Every state has its own guidelines for calculating child support. Your family attorney ensures that you do not have to overpay.
4. Determining Spousal Support
If your spouse is eligible for spousal support, then you have to pay the amount as ordered by the court to your dependent spouse. Your family law lawyer makes sure right inputs have been provided to the court for determining the spousal support and checks the amount decided by the court for any computation errors. If your spouse is voluntarily unemployed or hiding income, your family law lawyer can represent entire circumstances to the court in the best light.
These are the key responsibilities of family law attorney.
When you file for divorce, there is plenty to lose or gain. So it is in your best interest to hire a family law attorney when facing divorce.
Parchman Law Group PLLC provides legal assistance in a variety of fields such as child support, parental rights, child adoption, child protection, child custody, divorce, family, property asset & division in Houston and The Woodlands, Texas. For more details, visit https://www.parchmanlaw.com/blog.
Legal Articles1. Arrested During The Holidays: Options For Using Bail Bonds
Author: All out bail bonds
2. 10 Things That You Should Do After You Have Been Involved In A Road Accident
Author: Chris Lucero
3. Delisi Friday – Analyzing Your Marketing Strategies For The Year
Author: Michael Cowen and Delisi Friday
4. The Ins And Outs Of Filing A Workers Compensation Claim
Author: Jassika Rose
5. Top Legal Firms In Delhi
Author: Priyanka Mehta
6. Three Distraction Categories That You Are Likely To Experience When Driving
Author: Chris Lucero
7. How Does A Private Placement Memorandum May Look Like?
8. New Cdc Director To Target Opioids
Author: Devin Herz
9. Genentech, Roche Holding Accused Of Misrepresenting Amount Of Drug In Vial
Author: Devin Herz
10. Tim Whiting – The Journey Of A Trial Lawyer With Perseverance
Author: Michael Cowen and Tim Whiting
11. Essential Questions To Ask Before Hiring An Appraiser For A Condemnation Case
Author: MR Valuation Consulting
12. Legal Advice For Entrepreneurs
13. Study Finds Even Amid Cdc Warnings, Teens Are Still Vaping In Record Numbers
Author: Hendy Johnson
14. Fetch Top Legal Advice For Divorce, Family Matters, Estate And Personal Injury
Author: Magner & Hueneke
15. How Free Legal Document Creator Works?