ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Total Articles: 7
Common Upholstery Cleaning Methods
Beside the personal preference(s) of homeowners or the professionals hired, the fabric material is a major determinant for the type you should consider for cleaning. They usually come labeled with cleaning codes to indicate whether it is the wet cleaning or a dry one that your upholstery requires.
Hot Water Extraction:
It is the most effective of all techniques available.
Also known as the steam clean method, it is used mainly for synthetic based fabric although some may even use it to clean the cotton upholstery too by soaking the respective furniture in a mixture of hot water and upholstery cleaning solution before having a strong suction tool suck up the water.
This technique is relatively easier to employ since it only needs the upholstery shampoo besides clean water to remove the grime and dust marks from your upholstery. This method is best used for fabric such as the Haitian Cotton that is vulnerable to shrinking and browning. The strength of the bristles and the specifications of the shampoo in this method depend upon the upholstery.
You can have your upholstery returned to you in a better condition by asking our experts for this method of cleaning.
It uses a dry cleaning solution that is basically a “dry” solvent to be sprinkled over the fabric surface.
If you have fabrics like suede or some silks that do not get wet, we suggest you ask for this technique wherein suds from hot water are applied to them with either a sponge or a dry brush to get them cleaned before vacuuming.
This implies a gentle wash of its surface with the cleaning solution in minimal water usage. The water is to be carefully used since over-soaking would ruin it by creating wrinkles. It is a little extra time consuming than the fabric cleaning procedures but variations exist on the exact type of leather (protected, aniline or nu buck).
Home and Garden Articles1. 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
Author: Tana Lake
2. How To Choose A Home Renovation Organization?
Author: James Kyle
3. Garage Door Repair And Maintenance Looking Into Protection
4. Garage Door Restoration - How You The Best Repairman
5. Questions To Think About When Hiring A Garage Door Repair Service Provider
6. What You Need To Know When It Comes To Garage Door Maintenance
7. Where To Find The Best Company For Garage Door Repair And Installation
8. Selecting Your Local Garage Door Restoration Service
9. Garage Door Restoration - The Guidelines To Success
10. Professional Tips To Perform A Garage Door Repair
11. Garage Door Restoration For Everybody
12. Emergency Garage Door Repair Solutions
13. Advantages Of Cork Flooring
Author: Gabriel Fulton
14. A Complete Guide That You Should Consider For Travertine Tile & Paver Installation
Author: Pamela Edgess
15. How Do You Keep Your Area Rug Clean?
Author: Nikolay Milchev