ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Common Upholstery Cleaning Methods
Beside the personal preference(s) of homeowners or the professionals hired, the fabric material is a major determinant for the type you should consider for cleaning. They usually come labeled with cleaning codes to indicate whether it is the wet cleaning or a dry one that your upholstery requires.
Hot Water Extraction:
It is the most effective of all techniques available.
Also known as the steam clean method, it is used mainly for synthetic based fabric although some may even use it to clean the cotton upholstery too by soaking the respective furniture in a mixture of hot water and upholstery cleaning solution before having a strong suction tool suck up the water.
This technique is relatively easier to employ since it only needs the upholstery shampoo besides clean water to remove the grime and dust marks from your upholstery. This method is best used for fabric such as the Haitian Cotton that is vulnerable to shrinking and browning. The strength of the bristles and the specifications of the shampoo in this method depend upon the upholstery.
You can have your upholstery returned to you in a better condition by asking our experts for this method of cleaning.
It uses a dry cleaning solution that is basically a “dry” solvent to be sprinkled over the fabric surface.
If you have fabrics like suede or some silks that do not get wet, we suggest you ask for this technique wherein suds from hot water are applied to them with either a sponge or a dry brush to get them cleaned before vacuuming.
This implies a gentle wash of its surface with the cleaning solution in minimal water usage. The water is to be carefully used since over-soaking would ruin it by creating wrinkles. It is a little extra time consuming than the fabric cleaning procedures but variations exist on the exact type of leather (protected, aniline or nu buck).
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Remove Water-based Stains From Your Carpet
Author: Austin Baines
2. Here’s The Best Home Appliances You Surely Need
3. Follow All Instructions On How To Get Rid Of Ants & Bees Nest
Author: Anna Benes
4. How Should The Moulds Be Removed And When To Take Expert Help?
Author: Elvin Dao
5. Florence Broadhurst Rugs Reasons To Own It For Your Busy Family Home
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. House Painters In Abbotsford - Why You Need Them
Author: Sam Philippe
7. Popular Firewoods For Starting Fires
Author: Michael Foley
8. Reasons To Work With An Interior Design Specialist
Author: Fab Modula
9. Steps You Need To Follow When Choosing An Interior Designer
Author: Kitchen Crafts
10. Exactly How To Tidy Gutters And Also Downspout By High Rain Gutter Cleaning Sacramento
Author: Cindy Harris
11. Interior Decoration Ideas For Living Room
Author: Homes Construction
12. 6 Top Things You Must Do When Moving Into A New Home
Author: Isabella Whitmore
13. Top Home Cleaning Tips For Thanksgiving
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
14. Tips On How To Choose Kitchen Cabinets That Complement Your Countertops
Author: Brittany Jones
15. Transform Your Office With Interior Plant Services
Author: Michele Sokoloff