ALL >> Health >> View Article
Something Smells Down There: 6 Causes And Solutions For Odor On The Male Organ
Total Articles: 208
Whether you’re having an issue with a nether-regions smell or your partner is, the problem may be easier to solve than you think. Male organ odor is extremely common and something every man may experience in his life. A serious or long-lasting odor may be due to environmental factors that can be easily changed. More severe cases of odor on the male organ may be symptoms of a medical issue like a partner transmitted disease, so ensure you’re watching out for any other symptoms if experiencing a foul-smelling odor down there. The starting point for fixing the problem is identifying the cause; here are some of the most common:
- Smegma. This sebaceous secretion, found in the folds of the member skin, is caused by the build-up of oil, skin cells and moisture. This combination, in congruence with the hot and warm environment of the groin, causes the formation of smegma, a cheesy substance with a foul smell. Thankfully, proper hygiene is all that is needed for the prevention and treatment of smegma. Keep clean to avoid this unpleasant and sometimes painful issue.
- Male yeast infections. Theseare quite common and plague many more men than previously thought. These fungal infections are caused by candida yeast, which is normally present on skin, but having relations with a partner who has a yeast infection can trigger the infection. Like female yeast infections, male organ yeast infections are easily treated with antifungal cremes.
- Pubic hair. Especially when long and unruly, thisis a common home to bacteria that fester and cause male organ odor. Many suggest keeping pubic hair trimmed or even removed completely, as oil from the hair mixes with natural skin oils, sweat and heat and can cause a gnarly smell. Some suggest applying baby powder to the groin area to help with that nasty scent.
- Non-cotton clothing. Synthetic fabrics that don’t “breathe”are a sure fire-way to trap heat and moisture, so pick up a pair of cotton undies for better results. The groin area is a breeding ground for bacteria; wearing breathable fabrics like cotton helps to keep fresh air circulating into the stale area.
- Partner transmitted infections. Some STIs are known to cause male organ odor as a symptom, so your body may be telling you something, especially if you’re also experiencing any burning sensations during urination, discharge from the tip of the member or any swelling, pain or rashes on your member. Always be cautious of your partners if they have symptoms of an STI.
- Hygiene. Most male organ odor causes are due to a simple problem: lack of adequate grooming. Proper, frequent washing of the private area is a necessity to keep the area fresh and clean. Showering with an uncutmember demands more effort, as men need to pull their sheath all the way back to wash the head of their member with soap at least once or twice a day to avoid smegma and any other secretions that may stink. Try to shower in the morning and evening, and especially after any workout. After correctly washing the area, dry and moisturize your skin with a product made specifically for men, like a male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin). This particular health creme is a super weapon, containing vitamins and nutrients essential to the wellbeing of private area skin, like vitamin C, for collagen production, and Shea butter, which hydrates the skin leaving the area soft and smooth. Keep the member skin clean, dry, and hydrated for optimal health.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Health Articles1. Does Chiropractic Care Help With Lower Back Pain?
Author: james franklin
2. A Knockout Story - Teeth
Author: Pooja Agrawal
3. Do You Need That Anti Anxiety/antidepressant Pill - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Shekhawat
4. What Is The Difference Between Porcelain Veneers And Dental Bonding?
Author: James Franklin
5. Detoxification, Remove Toxins For A Healthier You
Author: Tanu Bhatthacharya
6. Understand The Benefits Of Using Posture Corrector
7. Points To Consider When Purchasing Tampons
Author: Harleen Kaur
8. How To Get Certified Nursing Assistant Training?
Author: Andrew Scott
9. Probiotics Feel Good From The Inside
Author: Tanu Bhatthacharya
10. 4 Benefits Of Dental Crowns In Three River, Michigan
Author: Paul M. Blank, D.D.S.
11. Get Simple Treatment Just As Simple Installment Techniques
Author: Gabriel Evan
12. Improve Mental And Physical Health With Yoga
Author: Yoga With Amit
13. Find Out Right Yoga Teacher Training Course In Vietnam
Author: Yoga With Amit
14. Soft Tissue Repair Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Mar
15. Smart Bandages Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market