ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips To Clean Your Venetian Blinds
Most people prefer installing Venetian blinds which makes a great window covering to have in their office or home environment in terms of functionality and look. But, many people who have used them earlier put off choosing them due to the previous experiences with cleaning the Venetian blinds. The cleaning process of the Venetian blinds seems to be very difficult since it has a large number of slats which have to be cleaned individually. If you are the one who has bought the Venetian blinds online and looking for a few tips to clean your Venetian blinds and maintain it in good condition, continue reading this article.
Basic Step to Clean Your Venetian Blinds
- To prevent the buildup of dirt and dust, you need to dust the blinds regularly.
- You can use your old sock as a soft cloth to clean the Venetian blinds.
- Using a biological detergent, you can wash the synthetic blinds in the bathtub.
Frequent Cleaning Process
Even though the cleaning process seems to be a difficult process, regular cleaning can help prevent dirt from building up and reduce the need for a lengthy deep cleaning process. If you have bought the blinds online and looking for cleaning tips, you can follow the below mentioned steps to make your cleaning process easier on yourself.
- Make sure that all the soft furnishings are out of the way and tie back the curtains
- Dust with a light feather duster or tea towel or an old t-shirt that works well
- To remove visible debris, you need to wipe each slat with a dry cloth
- It is recommended to apply a bespoke blind cleaning solution for cleaning your Venetian blinds. You need to look for one with an anti-static agent which helps to prevent the gathering of dust in the future
Instead of cleaning each slat by hand, you can use a vacuum cleaner with an upholstery brush attachment to avoid the scratching on the blinds, and it can save your time as it sucks up the dust in half the time.
Deep Cleaning Process
Since the wooden Venetians blinds cannot be washed, no further cleaning is necessary for them. For the metal and plastic Venetians, after dusting the blinds, you can remove them from the window and then proceed the following steps.
- Place the blinds in the bathtub and wash them using a sponge or soft brush with cold water (avoid using hot water) and detergent.
- Rinse them thoroughly
- Dry it completely
- Give them a light spray of anti-static furniture polish to slow down the accumulation of dust in the future.
- Re-hang your blinds
The author of this article has been working in a company that offers blinds online. In this article, he has mentioned a few tips to clean the Venetians blinds. Visit https://www.superblindsmart.com.au/
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Remove Water-based Stains From Your Carpet
Author: Austin Baines
2. Here’s The Best Home Appliances You Surely Need
3. Follow All Instructions On How To Get Rid Of Ants & Bees Nest
Author: Anna Benes
4. How Should The Moulds Be Removed And When To Take Expert Help?
Author: Elvin Dao
5. Florence Broadhurst Rugs Reasons To Own It For Your Busy Family Home
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. House Painters In Abbotsford - Why You Need Them
Author: Sam Philippe
7. Popular Firewoods For Starting Fires
Author: Michael Foley
8. Reasons To Work With An Interior Design Specialist
Author: Fab Modula
9. Steps You Need To Follow When Choosing An Interior Designer
Author: Kitchen Crafts
10. Exactly How To Tidy Gutters And Also Downspout By High Rain Gutter Cleaning Sacramento
Author: Cindy Harris
11. Interior Decoration Ideas For Living Room
Author: Homes Construction
12. 6 Top Things You Must Do When Moving Into A New Home
Author: Isabella Whitmore
13. Top Home Cleaning Tips For Thanksgiving
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
14. Tips On How To Choose Kitchen Cabinets That Complement Your Countertops
Author: Brittany Jones
15. Transform Your Office With Interior Plant Services
Author: Michele Sokoloff