ALL >> Education >> View Article
My Dream Job
I have studied management with my passion, and this has motivated me to dream of becoming a production manager in one of the best processing company. I like getting involved in planning as well as organizing my daily tasks as well as work responsibilities. As a management graduate with high-level skill, I would like to become a production manager who remains demanding career choice. Production managers remain employees in industries and companies. Management in production line rapidly continues to become an important process in companies and. Therefore, the responsibility will perfectly match my skills and passion. Production manager encompasses planning, coordination as well as control in the manufacturing process. The holder of the position ensures goods, as well as services get, produces efficiently in right quality, amount and cost. Large portion of production management activities involve dealing with individuals, specifically, those working in my team.
The typical job activities and responsibilities of production manager dream job include the following though the real nature of the work may depend on employing organization.
• Overseeing all production processes and drawing production schedules
• Making sure that production remains cost effective
• Ensuring products get produced on time and in good quality
• Working out on the human as well as material resources required
• Drafting of timescales for jobs in the production line
• Carrying out cost estimations and setting quality standards
• Monitoring of production processes as well as making adjustments schedules as required
• Carrying the responsibility of selecting and maintaining equipment;
• Monitoring and evaluating product standards as well as implementing all quality-control programs
• Work to liaise with other departments, e.g. sales and human resource
• Collaborating with managers in implementation of company policies as well as goals
• Making sure that health, as well as safety regulations, get maintained in production
• Making some supervision to motivate workers
• Carrying out reviews on worker performance based on production;
• Carrying out assessment and identification of training needs for production employees.
Production managers also get involved in product design as well as purchasing. In small firms, these managers make many decisions by themselves, though planners, production engineers, controllers as well as and production supervisors work together with the production manager to make things work well. In many progressive firms, production manager’s responsibilities tend to integrate closely with various functions like marketing, sales as well as finance. Therefore as a graduate of management, the skills in me and the experience suit these responsibilities that I desire to handle.
Minimum requirements include open to graduates with different degrees including business/management, mechanical engineering, process engineering, and food science/technology among others. Other degrees like manufacturing engineering, design engineering, manufacturing management, manufacturing systems engineering, food production management, manufacturing management also work well with this position (Reese, 2013). Other evidential requirements like organizational skills, ability to act decisively, easy grasp of concepts, attention to details, time management, ability to motivate, problem-solving capacities and negotiating skill remain critical to this position. Skills in information technology are also critical to holders of this position. Having experience and other management position can also work as an added advantage in getting this job. In many situations, different organizational differ and, therefore, companies have their specifics in hiring production managers.
Compensation Package for My Dream Job
The average salary for my production manager responsibility must $77,948 or above. However this will vary according to organization's size, business type as well as the geographical location of the firm. In United States Certified Compensation experts analyzed the survey data from thousands of human resource departments in companies of all sizes as well as industries and presented $77,948-$102,497 as a range of annual salaries for all people having Production Manager Title in the United States. For instance, the median approximated annual pay for typical Production Manager in U.S is $91,331. Therefore, 50% of people performing the job as Production Manager expect to make below $91,331.The reason for demanding this compensation is that the position is not a nine-to-five responsibility. One has to work on shifts as well as unsocial hours particularly in early stages of the job. It also needs working for extended hours especially where there are tight deadlines to meet or introduction of the new system. The responsibility has high chances of call on weekends as well as public holidays to handle problems. Time for self-employment opportunities remains limited. The technicality of the job, therefore, calls for better remuneration to ensure all the demands of the job get achieved in a more motivating way (Reese, 2013)
Performance Appraisal Program to Assess My Performance
The major scales for my performance will be Unsatisfactory, Need Improvement, Meeting Expectations, Excellent, and Outstanding.
Content of My Appraisal Program
• Accuracy, effectiveness, and thoroughness
• Meeting quality standards
• Time use and work completion
• Output matching expectations established
• Thoroughness, as well as efficiency of work irrespective of volume
• Accuracy and neatness
• Effective work relationship
• Information and resource sharing
• Instructions following and response to requests from team members in a helpful way
• Work Contribution and efforts to meet agreed objectives
• Application of technical as well as procedures in specific field
• Degree of my technical competence
• Job procedures mastering, methods, facts as well as information on assignments
• Duty performance with minimal or no supervision
• Seeking guidance where appropriate
• Consideration of an extent on which employee’s sets constructive work practices and recommendation as well as creating new procedures.
• Self-starting, developing as well as implementing new procedures, methods, concepts, design or applications of existing procedures.
• Accepting of additional challenges as well as responsibilities and willingly assisting other
• Self-reliance and Completeness of assignments
• Cooperativeness, consideration as well as tactfulness in dealing with subordinates, managers, peers, etc.
Health and safety compliance
• Compliance with safety rules
• Ability to listen as well as understand information
• Presenting of information
• Appropriate communication with management and juniors
• Demonstration of respect for communication
Planning and organizing
• Adaptability to changes and effective use of resources
• Maintaining of confidentiality in appropriate way
• Objectives setting, priorities setting as well as developing plans
• Arrangement of work schedules as well as prioritization of work to meet targets
• When to seeking for clarification before proceeding
Problem Analysis and Decision-Making
• Ability to anticipate problems to facilitate resolution
• Willingness to make demanding as well as immediate decisions with incomplete information
• Mastering practical as well as workable solutions
• Recognizing necessity of decision, requesting for input, decisions making and information feedback promptly
• The extent of providing guidance as well as opportunities to the staff for their development as well as advancement
• Starting work in appropriate time
• Respecting time for breaks as well as lunch
• Following of policies to request and report time off
• Ensuring work duties get covered irrespective of absence.
• Extent to which my subjects complete assignments timely with instructions
• My presence to help in planning purposes
• Punctuality in meeting the company’s requirements
Having a self-assessment helps me to get my insight into performance as well as my perceptions about the performance. Even for external appraisers who closely work c with employees are not always able to see the real picture as well as understanding all factors that affect the employee performance. Complete myself self-assessment allows me to view my performance through my eyes and get external appraiser's side of my story. It, therefore, helps me as a manager to understand my strength as well as weaknesses from personal perspective and training needs as well as desires (Shore & Tashchian, 2007).
It's always human character that whenever a subject is good to them, or impacts them personally, most of them find easier to others once they feel heard. My personal self-assessment as a manager gives me this opportunity. The self-appraisal provides my evaluation in my performance together with necessary background information. This situation makes me hear feedback from other appraisers.
Effective management always requires ongoing, two-way communication between managers and employees on performance, priorities as well as challenges. A performance management program that includes employee self-appraisals formalizes this two-way dialogue, avoiding top-down evaluations that often serve to discourage or disengage employees. It can also help to entrench this vital two-way dialogue in the organization's management culture.
According to Talent Space blog, Managers are not superheroes to see and remember everything one do in the whole year. Therefore, self-appraisal is critical because it helps in accomplishing two things that are. One, it reminds the appraisers or the manager on your accomplishments, development as well as challenges. Two, identifying discrepancies exist between personal and manager’s view of performance. According to the Institute of Transport study (ITS) designing a personal program to appraise personal performance eliminates bias associated with an external appraisal. It also gives a true picture of personal abilities as well as deficits (CHISA, 2014).
Therefore, my appraisal program suits the great role of helping me to understand my weakness and strengths in all areas as production managers. As a production manager, responsibilities of meeting the quality in production remains a demand Therefore in designing my personal appraisal it will help me to know when meeting or not meeting that dam end. In production also, datelines are always issues to reckon with (Stewart-Mailhiot & Ryan, 2015). Depending on the orders particularly from the customers; the appraisal will give me a clear picture of trends in meeting datelines. As production managers, I also need to face situations that call for decision making as well as problem-solving t make the work production smooth. Therefore, this measure becomes critical in my appraisal since all the areas captured directly relate to the responsibilities put in production manager’s docket. Planning also remains a critical responsibility in production management. Ensuring proper planning to meet the set targets is, therefore, important to measure my abilities in the production line. These areas include work quality, quantity, teamwork, job knowledge, initiative, interpersonal relations, compliances to safety, dependability, communication efficiency, planning, organizing, problem-solving among others. All this measures remain critical to my work as a production manager.
Personal appraisal tailored to all aspects of job responsibilities will make personal evaluation easy that will help to correct problems while focusing on meeting the goals of the company.
CHISA, E. (2014): Evolution of the Product Manager, Communications of the ACM, 57(11), 48- 52. Doi: 10.1145/2669480
Shore, T. H., & Tashchian, A. (2007): EFFECTS OF FEEDBACK ACCOUNTABILITY AND SELF-RATING INFORMATION ON EMPLOYEE APPRAISALS: A REPLICATION AND EXTENSION. Psychological Reports, 100(3), 1091-1100. doi:10.2466/PR0.100.4.1091-1100
Stewart-Mailhiot, A., & Ryan, M. (2015): Project Management, Reference & User Services Quarterly, 55(1), 18-20.
Reese, S. (2013). Film Production Manager. Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers, 88(3), 58-59.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in research paper writing help 24 hours if you need a similar paper you can place your order for a custom research paper from research proposal writing services.
Author is associated with MeldaResearch.Com which is a global Custom Essay Writing and Term Paper Writing Company. If you would like help in Research Papers and Term Paper Help you can visit Custom Writing Service
Education Articles1. Data Scientist Or Information Science Group? That's The Query!
2. Quality Education At Global Group Of Institutes
Author: Global INSTITUTE
3. Best Institute For Aiims Preparation - Ideal Institute Of Biology
Author: Ideal Institute of Biology
4. Top Play School In Gurgaon
Author: swiss cottage
5. Top Reasons For Unemployment Among The Engineering Graduates
Author: jams jhons
6. Valuable Skills You Will Gain With A Pgdm Degree
7. What Is Blockchain Technology, And How Can It Be Used In The Education Sector?
Author: Block chain council
8. 2d And 3d Animation Course Certification And Information
Author: Mac Hardy
9. 7 Major Principles Of Animation For Beginners
Author: Mac Hardy
10. 10 Reasons Why Maac Institute Is Best In Animation Courses In Pune
Author: Mac Hardy
11. Top 5 Most Popular 3d Animation Movies In The World
Author: Mac Hardy
12. Why Vfx Animation Is A Good Course For Career Prospective?
Author: Mac Hardy
13. 5 Things To Think About When Choosing An Acting Institute
14. Reasons You Should Sign Up For A Master Of Law (llm) Right Away
Author: Komal Patil
15. Features Of A Learning Management System
Author: Tanisha Dutta