ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top 5 Tourist Attractions In Hanoi, Vietnam
Hanoi is actually over 1000 years old since 1010 so the wealth of history here is mind boggling: temples, ancient citadels, unique theatre and stunning wilderness just outside the city all offer fun-filled days in Vietnam’s capital. Make sure to visit as many of these attractions in Hanoi as possible because they all offer entertainment, beauty and education at different turns. Enjoy our list of Top 10 Things to Do in Hanoi below.
1. Imperial Citadel of Thang Long: Long The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long is an intriguing relic of Vietnam’s history and, signifying its historical and cultural importance, is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Standing 40 metres high, the central flag tower is the most recognizable feature of the Imperial Citadel and is often used as a symbol of Hanoi. This was the centre of ancient Hanoi and served as the political centre for eight centuries. Located in Ba Dinh, the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long is close to many other tourist attractions.
2. Water Puppet Theatre: The ancient art form of water puppetry has a long association with Hanoi and there are several theatres where guests can enjoy this uniquely Vietnamese take on Asia’s puppet tradition. The original – and widely regarded as the best – theatre in town is the Thang Long Puppet Theatre. Puppets dance and slide elegantly over the liquid stage, controlled by a whole troupe of puppet masters hiding behind a screen. Most shows also feature the famous Legend of the Restored Sword of King Le which tells the tale of Hoan Kiem Lake and the giant tortoise.
3 Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum has left an indelible mark on Vietnamese history and he is revered in Hanoi as the country’s greatest leader. Nicknamed ‘Uncle Ho’ by locals, his preserved body is now laid to rest in a glass case in the Ba Dinh area of Hanoi. This is more than a tourist attraction, it is a part of living history and a visit here stays long in the memory. The sombre building was modeled after Lenin’s mausoleum in Moscow.
4. Vietnam Ethnology Museum: The proposal for the museum was officially approved on 14 December 1987. Construction lasted from 1987 to 1995, and it was opened to the public on 12 November 1997. The budget for construction of the museum was $1.9 million USD, with an additional $285,000 USD allocated for acquisition of artifacts.
The exhibition building was designed by the architect Ha Duc Linh, a member of the Tày ethnic group, in the shape of a Đông Sơn drum, and the interior architecture was designed by the French architect Véronique Dollfus
5. Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple: The Hoan Kiem Lake (Turtle Lake) is a central feature of Hanoi and is a popular hangout spot throughout the day with locals and tourists. Ngoc Son Temple sits on a small island in the centre of the lake and linked by a bridge, makes a beautiful background for a few photos. Around sunrise and sunset, this area becomes especially busy with joggers, couples enjoying the relaxing views across the lake, and the elderly practising Tai Chi and line dancing. Hoan Kiem Lake is free of charge, but there’s a fee of VND 20,000 to visit Ngoc Son Temple, which sits on a small island in the centre of the lake.
Travel Consultant for Tours and Travel Services in Vietnam http://adventurejourney.vn/
Travel Articles1. Planning Your Perfect Picnic In Sydney
Author: scarlett stark
2. Dehradun Taxi Services, Taxi Booking Dehradun
3. Darjeeling Holiday Packages
4. Party Bus Rental Near Me Offers A Unique Transport That Combines Luxury With Affordability
Author: Party Bus DC Rental
5. Bask The Same Day Agra Tour By Train
Author: Siddharth Acharya
6. About Mongolia
7. How To Find The Perfect Helicopter For Sale?
8. How To Apply For Algeria Visa?
Author: VisaTitans Inc.
9. Mohare Danda Trek
Author: Trekking Trail Nepal
10. Mount Kilimanjaro - The Skyscraper Of S.a
Author: Simon Mark
11. Go On A Manali Trip With Your Family This Summer!
Author: Manish Kapoor
12. How To Apply For Afghanistan Visa?
Author: VisaTitans Inc.
13. Taxi Schiphol Should Be There At Your Disposal For Traveling Amsterdam!
Author: Cheap taxi Schiphol announced by David is drawing
14. The Best Luxury Villa Bali – Why Should You Choose One
Author: Tom O'Brien
15. Top 3 Beaches Your Puri Holiday Package Must Include
Author: Dinesh Das