ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
9 Ways To Improve Your Air Conditioner Performance
Total Articles: 6
With summer almost upon us, many people are looking to their ducted air con on The Gold coast to give them some relief from the expected heat.
9 ways we can all use to improve our air conditioner’s performance:
Clean the filters and duct vents
If your filters are clogged up, then you could be losing 7 to 010 percent of their efficiency meaning they are costing you a lot more to run especially in hot climates.
Many people close some of their vents in ducted systems thinking this will save energy, but this actually uses more energy as the cool air dissipates in the hotter areas keeping the thermostat working longer.
Check the Ductwork
If your ductwork is leaking or the insulation is missing you could be losing 20 to 40% of the energy sending your energy cost skyrocketing. Sealing the ducting with the proper insulating material is often not expensive.
Leaky windows and gaps around doors
Having the home properly insulated and all cracks and gaps eliminated is one of the best ways to reduce your energy costs. Old leaky windows and not having proper insulation in the walls and ceilings mean all that air you have cooled down is just going to leak away.
Close the Blinds
Allowing the hot sun to enter your rooms can heat them by 10 to 20 degrees, the less heat you allow inside the less you have to cool the home down. Consider using shade cloths over areas that get direct sunlight so you can still have the views without the sun’s heat. Always close the drapes or curtains at night this is a very effective way to keep in the cold air, as the heat can escape through the glass to the outside quickly.
Have your Air Conditioner Serviced
To get the best of an air conditioner it should be serviced every 12 to 18 months, whether you have a wall mounted model or a ducted air con on Gold Coast
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez