ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
9 Ways To Improve Your Air Conditioner Performance
With summer almost upon us, many people are looking to their ducted air con on The Gold coast to give them some relief from the expected heat.
9 ways we can all use to improve our air conditioner’s performance:
Clean the filters and duct vents
If your filters are clogged up, then you could be losing 7 to 010 percent of their efficiency meaning they are costing you a lot more to run especially in hot climates.
Many people close some of their vents in ducted systems thinking this will save energy, but this actually uses more energy as the cool air dissipates in the hotter areas keeping the thermostat working longer.
Check the Ductwork
If your ductwork is leaking or the insulation is missing you could be losing 20 to 40% of the energy sending your energy cost skyrocketing. Sealing the ducting with the proper insulating material is often not expensive.
Leaky windows and gaps around doors
Having the home properly insulated and all cracks and gaps eliminated is one of the best ways to reduce your energy costs. Old leaky windows and not having proper insulation in the walls and ceilings mean all that air you have cooled down is just going to leak away.
Close the Blinds
Allowing the hot sun to enter your rooms can heat them by 10 to 20 degrees, the less heat you allow inside the less you have to cool the home down. Consider using shade cloths over areas that get direct sunlight so you can still have the views without the sun’s heat. Always close the drapes or curtains at night this is a very effective way to keep in the cold air, as the heat can escape through the glass to the outside quickly.
Have your Air Conditioner Serviced
To get the best of an air conditioner it should be serviced every 12 to 18 months, whether you have a wall mounted model or a ducted air con on Gold Coast
Home and Garden Articles1. Investing In Home Security Items Is Never A Loss.
Author: Jason Wyatt
2. How Important Is It To Test Your Home From Mold In Springfield, Ga?
Author: Service Master Savannah
3. How Do Suction Technology Hardscape Tools Work?
Author: Jacob Smith
4. How Do You Use Paint To Make A Room Appear Bigger?
Author: Leon Chung
5. Best 8 Lawn Services In Whitehall, Mi
Author: Preferred Lawn Care
6. How To Prepare For A Hurricane During The Covid-19 Pandemic
Author: ServiceMaster of Cobb
7. How To Improve And Protect Your Landscape During Quarantine In Grand Haven, Mi
Author: Preferred Lawn Care
8. Scion Rugs In The Uk The Perfectcollection For Kids Playrooms& Bedrooms
Author: Phoebe Holland
9. Ac Duct Cleaning | Duct Cleaning And Maintenance In Dubai |ac Cleaning
Author: Fixito AE
10. How To Keep Your Home As Covid-19 Free As Possible
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
11. How To Keep Coronavirus Out Of Your Home
Author: Lovejoy ServiceMaster
12. What Should You Know Before Installing Synthetic Grass?
Author: Tim Kennedy
13. 5 Sgisn You Need A New Boiler
Author: Mark McShane
14. Understand The Different Styles Of Commercial Garage Doors
Author: Sami Jonsson
15. Why is Upvc French Door best Known For?