ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
16 Stretch Exercises That Can Improve Your Flexibility
Total Articles: 21
Most of the issues many people have with body pain can be resolved with Mobility Stretches With all of these stretches it is important to ease into each one, if you over stretch while trying a stretch you could injure yourself setting yourself back your fitness goals. While you recover flexibility comes with time and practice. If you do not know the correct methods, ask your local Physio for advice. Soon you will become more flexible. Becoming more flexible means that you will have an easier life with much less chance of injury and your fitness journey will result is
Remember that increasing your flexibility makes life that much easier you can expect fewer injuries and be able to do more work with less stress so it is a winning combination.
These sixteen stretches are designed to help:
1. Downward Facing Dog
To work your hamstrings, keep your heels on the ground for full effect.
2. Head to Knee Forward Bend
Do it for both legs eventually you will be able to stretch your head much closer to your toes.
3. Seated Forward Bend
Same as the knee forward bend, but you do it seated with legs straight if you bend the knees you will miss the stretch.
4. Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend
Now spread your legs as wide as possible towards a sitting split and bend your head forward for a stretch in your groin and hamstrings.
5. Standing Half-Forward Bend
This bend helps the hamstrings without straining your back.
6. Standing Wide-Angle Forward Bend
Bend to the side, middle, then your other side.
7. Bound Angle Pose
Try to touch your knees the ground while sitting with feet together and knees bent, lean into the stretch to get a much deeper set of mobility stretches.
Hold this stretch of your hips and leg for the count of 8, to get the stretch you need.
9. Pigeon Pose
To stretch the outside of your hips use your hands if needed to hold yourself up, then ease into the stretch holding for a few moments.
10. Goddess Pose
Like a Sumo squat with legs spread wide that you hold for a few moments, this stretches the hamstrings and quads.
11. Child’s Pose
This stretches your lower back and glutes while opening your hips.
12. Cobra Pose
Keep your hips on the floor while being on your back.
13. Upward Facing Dog
Keep your arms straight, hips on the ground, lift heels and shoulders.
14. Bow Pose
This stretch resembles a bow, as in bow and arrow and is difficult at first, but soon you will master it.
15. Camel Pose
Requiring a flexible back this is similar to the bow stretch, but easier, except you are doing it from your knees.
16. King Cobra Pose
Very similar to the accept you bend your legs at the knees giving your back an extra stretch, just do it gently.
Mobility is so important, especially as you age and while exercising, when you do mobility stretches you become suppler, flexible and are much less likely to have serious injuries from sports or accidents in life. Most body pain starts to disappear when you regularly practice mobility exercises.
Fitness Articles1. How To Belly Fat -- 4 Simple Tips
2. What’s The Best Time To Visit Yoga Studios?
Author: Christian Ruggeri
3. Overweight And Obesity Are Not The Problem
4. Benefits Of Yoga Teacher Training In Dharmasala
Author: Rajesh mishra
5. Easy Medicine Balls Exercises For Beginners
6. Best Stretching Exercises To Relieve Back Pain
7. Use The Fitnez Back Support Belt To Reduce The Back Pain
Author: Jenny Finch
8. How Can Asian Massage Help You Get Back To Your Life With Full Zest!
Author: Leona Miller
9. Urinary Incontinence: All You Need To Know
10. Why Physiotherapy Helps To Get Rid Of Physical Pain In An Effective Manner
Author: Holly Coane
11. Reduce Artharities Problem Using Natural Products
12. Buy Hemp Seeds And Get Natural Protein And Benefits
13. Increase Your Body Flexibility By Consuming Natural Products
14. Imporve Your Blood Cell And Repair Damage Nurve
15. Buy Nutrients That Full Fill Your Body By Vitamins And Proteins