ALL >> Education >> View Article
Java Definition And Features In Detail
Total Articles: 49
Here we will see in detail about the Java definition and features. In the distributed environment of the internet, the Java programming language is widely used. It is the most famous programming language used in Android Smartphone Applications and is used mostly in the edge device and internet of things development.
The look and the feel of the C++ language were designed by Java but it is quite simpler to use when compared to C++ and enforces and enforces an object-oriented programming model. Complete applications can be created by Java on a single computer or be shared among servers and clients in a network. It can be used to construct a small application module or applet for use similar to a webpage.
Elements and features of Java
There are lots of reasons behind Java's omnipresence nature. Moreover, the language's major characteristics have impacted the following components:
Programs developed in Java provide portability in a network: The source code is compiled as the Java calls the bytecode which can run wherever they want in a network on a server or client that has a Java virtual machine (JVM). The JVM provides the meaning of the bytecode that will run on computer hardware. On the contrary, most programming languages like COBOL, Visual, C++, Smalltalk or Basic, compile code into a binary file. They are platform specific therefor a program provided for an Intel-based Windows machine cannot run a Mac, a Linux-based machine or an IBM mainframe. Just-in-time (JIT) compiler is optional for JVM. There are lots of cases where JIT compilation is faster when compared to the virtual machine interpretation.
The code is robust: There are lots of programs that are composed in C++ and other languages, Java objects contain no references when compared to the data external or other similar objects. This makes sure that an instruction will not have the address of data stored in another application or in the operating system itself. The JVM makes lots of checks to make sure about integrity.
Java is an object: An object can fetch an advantage of being a part of class objects and get the code that is common to the class. Objects are considered as nouns where the user might be related to the traditional procedural verbs. A method can be considered as the object's capability or behavior. The ability to develop with language from the object-orientation has made this programming language an explicit platform to program upon.
Applet provides flexibility: Apart from being executed on the client instead of the server, a Java applet has other characteristics to run it in a very fast manner.
Java programming can be learned quickly by the developers: Java concept is very easy to learn, with a syntax similar to C++. The background of both the languages is C.
The Java applications are developed by the programmers in three different key platforms:
1) Java SE: With the help of Java Standard Edition, simple, stand-alone applications are developed. Earlier it was termed as J2SE, Java SE offers all the APIs required to create traditional desktop applications.
2) Java EE: Earlier the Java Enterprise Edition is termed as J2EE and it offers the ability to develop server-side components that can respond to web-based request-response cycle. This arrangement permits the development of Java programs that can talk communicate with the online based clients like web browsers, COBRA based clients and REST and SOAP-based web services.
3) Java ME: It also offers a lightweight platform for mobile development termed as Java Micro Edition and it was earlier called as J2ME. Java ME has proved a very famous platform for embedded device development but it had a tough time to gain attention in the smartphone development arena.
History of Java
In the year 1996, the World Wide Web and internet were emerging and on the contrary, Microsoft's flagship Windows95 operating system was not even packed with an internet browser. Java programming was not actually designed with the concept of the internet in mind.
As a result, the Java programming language showcased lots of attention to the network programming complicated task. It is always a challenge but the Java via java. ent APIs took wonderful strides to reduce the ancient onerous task of programming across a network.
The famous JavaBeans interface was enhanced in Java 1.1 in Feb 1997. The famous JavaBeans was unveiled in Java 1.1 in February 1997.
Java has unveiled lots of versions of JDK 1.2 being referred to as Java 2. Very large improvements of API collections have been done by Java 2 while Java 5 has big changes to Java Syntax with an excellent feature called Generics. The Android software developer's kit (SDK) has been unveiled for mobile device developers to compose applications for Android-based devices with the help of Java APIs.
The platform was acquired by Oracle Corp When it got Sun Microsystems in Jan 2010. The acquisition got over the release of Java 7 and Oracle scaled back few of the ambitious plans available for it.
In the month of March 2014, Java 8 was unveiled and it includes Lambda expressions which have very fewer features in competing for the languages that have been absent in Java. With Lambda expressions, developers can compose applications with the help of a functional approach as opposed to an object-oriented one.
Education Articles1. Going Through Proper Training Is A Better Option To Achieve Success In Career
Author: Alzbeta Berka
2. Most Effective Ways To Increase Your Standard Of Teaching In Institutes
Author: Alzbeta Berka
3. Surat Al Fatihah
Author: Shehzad Hasan
4. Qlik Sense Online Course
Author: oveiya krishnasamy
5. How To Become A Professional Fashion Illustrator!
Author: Britanindya Ghosh
6. Why Pursue Career In Business Management And Administrative
Author: ponting brown
7. Splunk Course Online Training From Ibm It Solutions
Author: Harika Sharma
8. Which Is The Best Electronics & Communication Engineering College In India?
Author: Techno International New Town
9. Mba/bba Project Report Services:how To Write A Great Conclusion
Author: anushka yadav
10. How Can You Help Your Child Living In A Boarding School?
11. Top 5 Eco-friendly Activities To Teach Kids These Summers
12. 5 Things Your College Must Provide For You
13. List Of Top Fashion Designing Institute In Bangalore | Vidya Fashion Academy
Author: Vidya Fashion Academy
14. Advanced Java Blogs For Programmers Of All Level
15. Discover The Scopes To Become A Licensed Cctv Operator In United Kingdom
Author: Alzbeta Berka