123ArticleOnline Logo
Welcome to 123ArticleOnline.com!
ALL >> General >> View Article

Volvo Penta Has Augmented Its' Inboard Performance System (ips) Pod Design To Match The Class-leadin

Profile Picture
By Author: Barry Pickthall
Total Articles: 7
Comment this article
Facebook ShareTwitter ShareGoogle+ ShareTwitter Share

The latest IPS30 pod drive from Volvo Penta has new upgraded features designed to complement the company's new 13 litre 1,000hp engine. This is part of the company's exciting progress into a higher power category for the marine leisure sector, and the new Volvo IPS rotating drives can now power craft of up to 120ft. The IPS30 pod is a considerable step forward and provides better performance than ever before.
Volvo IPS rotating drives have two contra-rotating screws that pull the boat forwards through the water, rather than pushing it through from behind, and the latest IPS30 pod has been enhanced to match the increased power of the 1,000hp engine. Working in combination, the D13-1000 and IPS provide the boat owner with world class performance. High-end yacht owners will love it.
The IPS30 pod has been updated to ensure it is a perfect match for the new design of the D13 engine. Overall, these enhancements make the pod cleaner, tougher, and able to handle a wide speed range, while retaining the compact dimensions of existing IPS drives. The IPS30 pod can handle the increased power from the new engine and allows boats to reach speeds of as much as 42 knots. Since it is also cleaner, it means that there is less down time for maintenance, so the boat can be on the water for longer.
The IPS30 pod combined with the D13 engine is called the D13-IPS30 integrated package, the 1350 referring to the amount of horsepower that the unit produces when compared with a standard inboard shaft engine. It is a total system from helm to prop and the technologically advanced design has twin counter-rotating propellers facing forward which sit below the hull for additional grip. The pods are individually steerable and are linked to the onboard Joystick Docking capability which provides precision manoeuverability.
The IPS 1350 package gives 15% faster acceleration and 20% higher top speeds, together with as much as 30% lower fuel consumption, which is a saving not to be sneezed at. What is even more, the noise and vibration levels are reduced by as much as 50%. The IPS 1350 package can be installed in double, triple, or even quadruple configuration, providing as much as 5,400 horsepower. The Volva Penta IPS 1350 package is powering not only leisure yachts, but also offshore commercial vessels such as pilot boats, wind farm, and passenger transport vessels. Boats of up to 110 tons are being powered by the system.

 
Frers Design of Milan is engaged in the design of sailing yachts, motor yachts, and superyachts, and has long been proud to incorporate Volvo IPS rotating drives in its' designs.

Total Views: 51Word Count: 486See All articles From Author

Add Comment

General Articles

1. World Sickle Cell Awareness Day
Author: rajat ziffytech

2. How To Fix Printing Blank Pages Epson Problem?
Author: Andrew Smith

3. Travel Bags Brands
Author: Virat Choudhary

4. Rvupgrades Has Plenty Of Options In An Rv Portable Waste Tank
Author: Bill Rowell

5. How Can I Apply For Jaiib Online?
Author: Meenakshi

6. The 8 Most Iconic Spike Lee Characters
Author: karen minton

7. Creating Software Requirements To Improve Your Application Development Process
Author: Charter Global

8. Why Recruiters Are Essential To A Company’s Hiring Process?
Author: Charter Global

9. What Is Agile Software Development?
Author: Charter Global

10. Use These Texting Games To Connect With Your Friends
Author: karen minton

11. La Veste De Greg était De La Boutique En Ligne Western Emporium
Author: robe

12. Why Are Flare Gas Recovery Systems Useful?
Author: Crystal TCS

13. How To Activate Mcafee Antivirus On Your Device
Author: Susan Martin

14. Looking For The Best Led Pods?
Author: Tara Bloch

15. The Power Of Bigcommerce Customization Options
Author: Dan Kogan

Login To Account
Login Email:
Password:
Forgot Password?
New User?
Sign Up Newsletter
Email Address: