ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Role (!) Of Seakeeper Stabilisers On A Boat
Total Articles: 7
Some people when out on the sea in anything other than really calm conditions (and how often does that happen?) experience that queasy feeling, while others may feel quite sick. Indeed, some people when out in rough weather actually are physically sick.
Seakeeper stabilisers are the answer. When fitted, they reduce the roll of the boat by anything up to 95% which means that even those who promised they would never venture out on the waves again suddenly can't wait to get back out on the water – provided the boat has a Seakeeper fitted!
So what are Seakeeper stabilisers, and how do they work? The Seakeeper is a computer controlled gyroscope that eliminates almost all boat roll, keeping the craft steady and delighting the passengers. The Seakeeper weighs only between 2% and 4% of the weight of the boat, uses less power than the air conditioning, and can be fitted in any available space almost anywhere in the boat. It is completely internal, and there is nothing to fit on the outside of the boat.
Seakeeper uses a gyroscope that spins at speeds of up to 557 mph which is enough to - er – stop the boat from rolling. The flywheel is encapsulated in a vacuum and has a patented cooling system which removes heat from the vacuum chamber, dissipating it through a combination of glycol and seawater. This is what enables the flywheel to spin at such a high speed. Smart technology automatically gauges the state of the sea and reacts instantaneously. As the boat rolls, the gyroscope tilts fore and aft which produces a powerful gyroscopic torque to port and starboard that reduces the roll of the boat.
Seakeeper is designed to reduce roll on boats 30' and up, and its' computerised control and vacuum technology makes it the first truly practical, and only modern, anti-roll gyro.
Frers Design very often includes Seakeeper stabilisers in the design of a motor yacht in order to keep it stable and make those aboard as comfortable as possible in any sea state.
Travel Articles1. Cheap Heathrow Airport Transfer Services In London For Safe And Comfortable Journey
Author: jack pero
2. The Eminence Of Car Hiring In Bengaluru
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
3. Enjoy Your Stay At North Carolina Vacation Rentals
Author: Robert James
4. Sunset Pawna | Pawna Lake Camping | Camping Near Pune
5. Book Chicago To Mumbai Flights
6. 5 P’s Which Will Help You In Any Trekking And Hiking
Author: Christian Sheean
7. 6 Factors That Will Help You In Selecting The Right Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
8. Advantages Of Taxi Service In London Airport
9. Experiencing An Amazing Uk Day Trip At The Venice Simplon-orient-express
Author: Joseph Lister
10. Best Vacation In Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
11. Application Development Company In Jaipur | Application Development Jaipur
Author: ABHISHEK VERMA
12. Arrange Ebc Helicopter Trip – Gain Wonderful Adventure Memories
13. Tempo Traveller Hire Jaipur , Tempo Traveller Rental Jaipur
Author: hari narayan
14. Educational School Trip | School Trip Package | Student Trip
Author: kaushalendra kumar
15. Make Majorca Holidays Exciting By Visiting Majestic Places
Author: Daisy Wilkinson