ALL >> Family >> View Article
Linen: The Fabric That Never Goes Out Of Style
Total Articles: 15
The renewed fashion trend for linen clothing and home décor is just the latest for a fabric whose popularity has stood the test of time. Linen is one of the earliest textiles humans made. Made from the fibres of the flax plant, linen is a type of fabric that is light in weight, durable, and above all, environment-friendly. The fabric dates back to 8000 B.C and is popular as the fabric used to wrap Egyptian mummies as a symbol of purity and wealth.
Before you count out linen, after hearing this historic brief about it, as a fashionable fabric let me tell you linen is a fibre with everything correct. It is original, natural, pure, humble, ethical, sustainable, and above all fashionable. In the 21st century, linen returned to the forefront of fashion. It has an audience who embraced its natural character blended with fashion. As a result, today one can commonly find linen blends, woven together with cotton or rayon, taking innovative and creative shape. Top linen brands like Burgoyne design collections ranging from streetwear to ceremonial wear. The 105-year old Irish linen brand upped the fabric’s luxe credentials by presenting its collection at the celebrated Lakme Fashion Week 2018.
Today, the summer staple fabric is back on the racks as a luxury fashion fabric. Most popular clothing brands have given it a modern makeover which are more wearable than the raw form. Burgoyne has resurfaced linen with the collection ranging from ceremonial wear to formal wear to millennial-friendly clothing. The latest in linen fashion is a creative mix of vibrant and neutral colors (super colors) that provide a perfectly stylish palette for your wardrobe and can be combined in different ways to suit your mood and occasion. Apart from its fashion quotient, linen made a successful comeback because of its benefits. Shoppers and designers equally agree that linen is extremely durable and versatile. While linen was widely appreciated for its cooling qualities, its texture, hue, and everlasting, newness makes the timeless fabric a luxury fashion fabric.
Family Articles1. Everything You Should Know About Simple Cremation
Author: TJ Cohen
2. Shohar Ko Rahe Rastey Par Laney Ka Wazifa In Hindi
Author: Aslam Miya
3. Breakfast Recipe For Kids | 10 Yummy And Healthy Indian Breakfast Recipes
4. 10 Secrets To Helping Children With Primary Math At Home | Wonder Parenting
Author: Wonder Parenting
5. A Complete Pregnancy Guide Expectant Women Need To Follow
Author: Jessica William
6. Local Service Providers
7. Dr. Michele Robinson – Educators Making A Difference
8. Spotting Financial Scams Targeting Seniors
Author: Steven Czyrny
9. Five Reasons To Hire A Locally Owned Funeral Home
Author: Trinity Funeral Home
10. How To Choose Best Laundry Service Near You ?
11. Conflicts Between Two Sisters
Author: Neetu Agarwal
12. Starting The Conversation
Author: Steven Czyrny
13. The Pros And Cons Of It All: How An Auto Loan Impacts Your Credit Score?
Author: jeffery reynold
14. Things That Every Girl Think At Age 18.
Author: Noor Ullah jan Jan
15. My Uncle Owes His Life To Dr. Yeshi Dhonden And Traditional Tibetan Medicine
Author: Rahul Kumar