ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Quick Guide To Consolidated Shipping
Consolidated shipping is a common type among parcel delivery companies UK. The process includes putting together smaller packages into a single large box. In some cases, consolidating shipping can also include remove contents from multiple boxes and placing them inside one box. Some courier companies use consolidated shipping for storing multiple boxes on a single pallet thereby lowering the costs of shipping.
So if you are thinking of sending multiple items to a single destination, here are two ways to prepare a consolidated shipment:
1. Put all small items together in a single box; this will resemble a jigsaw puzzle.
2. Put the individual item in a package and place them in a larger package; the difference being that you don’t unbox the small items.
A consolidated shipment is a good option especially if you are frequently doing international shipping from UK. This is so because consolidated shipping reduces the costs considerably. You should remember that a handling fee is applied to each package that is shipped. That means a package that weighs only 0.5 kg will have its pick-up and handling charges. Now multiply this number with the number of packages sent and you will be spending more than what you will spend on a single albeit big shipment. Consolidated shipping eliminates the minimum charge per package thereby reducing the shipment costs.
When shipping branded items in their separate boxes, the packages are sent through customs. That will require the payment of customs duties. But if the items are repacked in an unbranded cardboard box, they will be treated as a standard package and hence circumvent the customs duties. By eliminating these extra costs, you will enjoy significant savings.
But if you are looking for a courier company that can do consolidated shipping, here are a few things you should look for:
1. Repackaging options offered by the company. Some companies remove the small boxes and place the contents into a single box. However, some others simply place the small boxes into a bigger box. The second option, while technically the same, may cost a little more.
2. Dimensions of the packaging box. Some companies only offer packaging services. In that case, you should stick to the box dimensions as specified by the courier companies UK for shipment.
3. Make sure that all items that are being sent are sent to a single delivery address. Consolidated shipping works well in that case. If you are sending to multiple addresses, consider multiple-package shipment.
4. Keep an eye out for the time necessary to consolidate a shipment so that you can begin the process accordingly.
While consolidated shipping works well, there are times when you should not use this option. This is particularly the case if you are a reseller of products or running a small business. In this case, it is better to keep the original packaging of the products to maintain the integrity of the business. Another reason to do so is that the items which leave production are packaged in the finest packing material thereby protecting them against strain and shocks during shipping. Consolidated shipping is also not a good idea if you ship items that are sensitive to temperature or require an ideal environment to avoid spoilage.
This information should help you consider when to and when not to take up consolidated shipping.
UDS was incorporated in 2008 with the vision to offer tailor-made courier services to every customer with optimum service and technology.
Business Articles1. Printing Inks Marketglobal Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market Fo
2. Foldable Display Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
3. Adipic Acid Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market
Author: Akash DADHICH
4. How To Enhance Your Business Communication By Doing Less
Author: John Rufus
5. Soccer And Heel Pain In Children
6. Keep On Moving With Advanced Podiatry
7. Fungal Nails Laser
8. Barrier Packaging Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
9. Common Dog Vaccinations You Must Know About
Author: Reshma Mane
10. Automotive Wiring Harness Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities,
11. Tips To Save Money On A New Office Fitout
Author: David Vincent
12. Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Grow
13. Importance Of Database In Different Corporate Industries
Author: Best DataProvider
14. Understand Real Advantage Of Using Bearing For Industry
15. Actinic Keratosis Treatment Marketglobal Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities