ALL >> Legal >> View Article
What To Do After A Trucking Accident
Trucking accidents occur often, and due to the size of these commercial vehicles, they usually have a big impact. Not only can trucking accidents cause severe property damage but they can also cause life-threatening injuries. If you or a loved one is involved in a trucking accident, the first thing they need to do is call for help. If anyone involved in the accident is physically able to move, it is important that they check on everyone else and ensure they are stable. However, this is only the beginning. There is much more to do after an experienced trucking accident attorney is called.
1. Collect Evidence
It is important you try to collect as much evidence as possible after your truck accident. This will help your trucking accident attorney build a better case for you. The main pieces of evidence you need to try and collect are:
• The Information of the parties involved which includes name, contact information, company name, license plate number, vehicle information, insurance information, license number, and if applicable, what was being hauled
• Statements from anyone who witnessed the accident. It is vital that these people stay at the scene of the accident until the police arrive as their testimonies will help your case
• Photos of all the damages that the involved vehicles sustained as well as injuries, road conditions and traffic signs
2. Seek Medical Attention
Being involved in a truck crash can cause devastating physical injuries in addition to emotional and financial stress. Once the police have arrived, you must seek medical attention. Even if you do not think you sustained injuries, it is important that you go to a doctor or hospital. Often, symptoms are not immediately apparent and can take a while to develop due to adrenaline or shock. Your trucking accident attorney must be aware of any and all injuries as these are critical to your case.
3. Notify Your Insurance Company
You will need to talk to your insurance company about the details of your accident, and it is best to do that as soon as you possibly can. However, it is best to consult with an experienced trucking accident attorney first. Your attorney will help guide you through speaking with your insurance company. It is also important that you review your insurance policy to find out how much and what kind of coverage you have.
4. Watch What You Say
Whether you are speaking to the police, other drivers involved in the accident, or an insurance company, you need to stick to the facts. Depending on state laws compensation can be reduced or eliminated if the injured person is partially responsible for the accident. So much as an apology can be seen as you admitting fault for the accident. That is why working with an experienced trucking accident attorney is so critical to your case. They will help you properly investigate the accident and determine who is responsible for your injuries, as well as help you recover the fair and just compensation you are due. They will stand up for you against insurance companies that try to minimize the amount of compensation you receive for your injuries.
Abir Cohen Treyzon Salo, LLP has team of experienced attorneys in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego and Irvine, CA offering legal services for personal injury, insurance bad faith, trucking accident, property damage, construction defects, civil rights, and business litigation. To know more, visit ACTSLaw/About-Us.
Legal Articles1. Real Estate Lawyer In Mississauga: Do You Really Need It?
2. What Are The Financial Terms To Include In A Home Rental Lease Agreement Form?
Author: Carl Glendon
3. Immigration Solicitors London
4. Why Hiring An Attorney Is A Good Idea For Workers’ Compensation?
Author: Zane Norman
5. Applying For Ssdi Benefits?
6. Drafting A Power Of Attorney Form – Top Things To Keep In Mind
Author: Carl Glendon
7. Guidelines For Immigration To Australia From India
Author: keerthi keerthi
8. What Are The Steps To Write A Property Bill Of Sale?
Author: Rick Lopez
9. Factors To Consider While Hiring A Truck Accident Lawyer In Dallas
Author: Marcus McGowan
10. Court Marriage In Ghaziabad
Author: Mohit Arya
11. Accident Lawyer
Author: Khalil Law Group
12. Mistakes That Can Affect Your Injury Claim After An Accident
Author: Chris Lucero
13. Changing Dui Law In Califonia
Author: Dave daniel
14. Refinancing Your Home
Author: A1 LoanHub
15. When You Need An Immigration Lawyer?