ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Brief 2018 Peugeot 308 Allure Review
The Peugeot Experience
Australian car buyers don’t tend to buy European cars by accident, and it’s a conscious decision to depart from the norm. Of course, this comes at a premium, but the results are often worth the extra cash and a Peugeot car is undoubtedly an entirely different proposition. Remember, this is one of the car manufacturers that pioneered the sporty “hot hatch” concept with groundbreaking cars like the Peugeot 205 GTi. So, with this more recent release, does the 2018 Peugeot 308 carry on this legacy?
The Peugeot 308 Allure
This car looks fairly conservative at first glance, but in reality, it's more understated than you might expect. The 308 Allure is equipped with the three cylinder petrol engine, and it sits smack bang in the middle of the range. There is also a 308 Allure with a 1.2L turbocharged engine, and it’s not the cheapest car of its ilk out there.
However, there are a lot of features fitted as standard, such as: satellite navigation, dual zone climate control, a 9.7” touchscreen, a reversing camera, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support, front sports seats, Alcantara upholstery with faux leather touches, a leather covered steering wheel, LED headlights and tail-lights, an automatic parking system, a pair of 12v power outlets and 17” alloy wheels. That’s a lot of equipment for a car sat at the centre of the range, and as you move up to higher specifications, the list is far more expansive.
The 308 Designs Ethos
The 308 design is stylish, and it has a far more premium look compared to the competition, There are smooth surfaces galore, a broad chrome grille, a chiselled shelf running down the flanks and a claw running up to the tail-lights. This is a well appointed hatch with understated looks that will certainly grow on most drivers.
Inside the modern minimalist cabin, you will find the i-Cockpit dashboard design. The instrumentation is mounted inside a binnacle that’s placed above the smaller steering wheel. The tachometer runs counter clockwise, and there is an interesting storage area found under the dash. The air vents look well crafted, and they add a nice touch that is aesthetically pleasing.
The cabin feels nice and roomy, and most drivers or passengers won’t feel cramped. The wheelbase is 2,620mm long, which makes the rear seats adequate for a hatch of this type. The boot space is an astonishing 425L which is far better than most of the competition making this a viable small family car.
If they are looking for a Peugeot 308, Perth drivers should visit Perth City Peugeot. Join us for a test drive, and you can try out the excellent Peugeot 308 for yourself.
Automobiles Articles1. Things To Know About Led Headlight Bulbs With Its Three Major Variants
2. Know The Different Types Of Bike Available
Author: Steve Chorbadjian
3. Checklist To Consider When You Buy A Refurbished Motorcycle
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Why Should You Change To Toyota Hilux Led Headlights?
Author: Hamish Crotty
5. Advantages Of Learning Driving At Safe Hands
Author: Nicholas Manchee
6. How To Get Excellent Offers At Any Servicing Centre At An Affordable Price
Author: Oliver Mertin
7. Explore The Best Parking Services That Are Offered By A Vehicle Storage Company
Author: Ava M Williams
8. How To Dispose Your Car The Safe And Easy Way
Author: Lachlan Ruth
9. How To Dispose Your Car Safely At A Great Exchange Price
Author: Luna Charlotte
10. Why Is Regular Caravan Servicing Important?
Author: Ryan Bulluss
11. Choose A Licensed And Certified Cab Agency For Quick And Safe Local Transfers
Author: Black Corporate
12. Finding The Best Car Repair Service In Your Locale: Points To Remember
Author: CTA Service Centre
13. Top Tips To Save Your Car In The Summer
Author: Liza Jones
14. Diode Dynamics Has The Best Led Light Bars For Trucks
Author: Tara Bloch
15. Tips To Choose The Right Bicycle For You
Author: Steve Chorbadjian