ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
How To Recreate Spotlight Index On Your Mac?
Total Articles: 26
In recent years, Apple has started increasing Spotlight search in macOS. With adding up of the Spotlight Suggestions, Apple allowing it to easily tap into some online data a source which includes weather and sports. Spotlight does their best by helping users in finding apps, documents and some other files which are already stored on your Mac.
However, we cannot say that its core function is perfect. If in any way Spotlight is unable to find files which you already know exist on your Mac, or it might stop prioritizing results which are wholly based on your earlier searches, then possibly it’s a sign that your computer system’s search index is somehow damaged.
If in case, you are experiencing different things while using the Spotlight, then we advise you try rebuilding its search database index. There are different Terminal commands which will do their job better, but you have to achieve the same result through the regular macOS user interface which is away from a few steps.
The process we discuss here is simple and easy to follow. But before continuing the process, we request you to follow the steps in the given series, as it will save saves you from different trouble and also saves your time.
Steps to Recreate Spotlight Index on your Mac
Here are few simple steps to recreate Spotlight index on your Mac. The steps are given below:
1. Firstly, choose System Preferences option from the Apple menu appears at the top left of your computer screen.
2. Then, click on the Spotlight panel.
3. Next, press the Privacy tab.
4. Now, click on the Add button.
5. Alternatively, choose folder or disk for your wish to rebuild the index.
6. Then click on the Choose
7. Conversely, drag that folder or disk into the list.
8. In the same list, click on the folder or disk that you recently added.
9. Click on the Remove button.
10. Finally, click on the red button to successfully close the system preferences.
Once all the steps are completed, the Spotlight will automatically start re-indexing the contents of your folders or disks that you choose might take some time and a few processor cycles. But it completely depends on which version of macOS you are using; you may also see a rebuild progress indicator in spotlight’s menu bar items. When your process of indexing is completed, then your Spotlight problems have been resolved.
Joey Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines and blogs.
Source : Spotlight Index
Computer Programming Articles1. Crafting Your Own Mobile Application | Mobile App Development Austin
2. Best Java Frameworks That Tech Companies Really Use
3. Difference Between Ai & Ml
Author: Mansi Pathak
4. Why Golang
5. Go Programming Language
6. Main Advantages Of Golang For Creating Web Application
7. Java Frameworks To Use In 2019
8. Learn Java Programming
9. Companies Using Golang
10. Noteworthy Appropriation For Java 11
11. Community Insurance
Author: Mansi Pathak
12. Java For Beginners And Advanced Programmers
13. Use Microsoft Office Excel To Keep Control Over Your Finance
Author: Mr. Ariif
14. Where Can I Sell My Samsung Phone For Cash?
15. Professional Web Sites Development In Lahore, Pakistan
Author: marketing 92