ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Few Things About Hair Texture And Hair Types
Total Articles: 50
Straight or curly, brunette or blonde – every hair type is beautiful if it is properly maintained and taken care. But most of the time, we put our vibrant curls through a lot of damages. While some of us choose hair dye others get involved in perming or straightening hair. Going through such chemical treatments several times can lead your hair dry and damaged with time. Keep following to know about hair texture, types of hair, causes that make changes in your hair texture, and the prevention to retain that texture:
What Is Hair Texture?
Hair Texture refers to the circumference of the hair strand. Experts generally use the words coarse, fine, and medium to classify the hair texture. While fine hair has the smallest circumstance, coarse hair has the largest. Middle textures can fall in the middle of both circumferences or considered as normal.
As per Hair Weave Salon Brooklyn, the texture of our hair generally changes due to our hair type. Hair types differ as based on the thickness and curl of the hair strands. Here are some details about different hair types as mentioned as below.
Types Of Hair
The hair types can be categorized into 4 types like naturally straight without any curls, naturally wavy, naturally curly, and tight coily. Each type has subtype as illustrated below:
Type 1 Hair
This type of hair is naturally straight without any curls. This type is basically oily and shiny due to no curls in it. There are also 3 subcategories which are included in this hair type:
• Subcategory 1 falls into completely flat hair type with little or no body.
• Subcategory 2 is not completely flat but it has body that lacks the subcategory 1.
• Subcategory 3 is usually straight with slight bends in few areas.
Type 2 Hair
This type of hair is naturally wavy that forms a shape of “S”. This type of hair is not as oily as hair type 1 and not also too much dry. This type is also categorized into 3 subcategories as mentioned below:
• Subcategory 1 has many waves all over the head.
• Subcategory 2 is wavier, more defined, and tightly drawn than the Subcategory 1.
• Subcategory 3 is basically very tightly drawn with the form of loose twisting curls.
Type 3 Hair
This type of hair is basically curly that forms a shape “S”. This type is basically dry in nature and can form ringlets without any help of hair styling tools or products. Within this type, there are 3 categories as stated below:
• Subcategory 1 has smooth curls with a silky touch.
• Subcategory 2 has springy and twisted curls.
• Subcategory 3 is coily, tightly drawn with highly textured.
Type 4 Hair
This type is tightly drawn and does not form any ringlets like Type 3 Hair. This type does not change shape whether it is wet or dry. The hair strands of this type are too dry because of its shape. Like other types, this type is also categorized into 3 subcategories as illustrated below:
• Subcategory 1 usually falls into tightly drawn with the form of cylindrical curls or tight coils.
• Subcategory 2 forms a crimpy pattern with more cylindrical curls and coils.
• Subcategory 3 makes a shape of “Z” with a zigzag pattern. There is no defined section in this pattern.
Some people have the combination of the above-mentioned hair types while others have sleek locks or curly strands. However, certain reasons as listed below can bring changes in the texture over time.
Why Does Your Hair Change Texture?
You may notice the changing in your hair texture and the causes are as below:
• Improper Diet.
• Iron Deficiency.
• Lack of Vitamins, Protein, and Biotin.
• Hormonal Imbalances.
• Taking Chemical hair treatments like dying, bleaching, perming or straightening.
• Going through certain medications like acne drugs, painkillers, beta blockers, and so on.
• Consuming alcohol highly.
Any of the above factors can make changes in your hair texture. In order to counteract this situation, you should take some preventive measurements as recommended by the professionals of Best Barbershop in Brooklyn NY.
Follow the below tips to retain your hair texture:
• Choose and use that shampoo which is formulated for your hair type.
• Don’t forget conditioning your hair after shampooing.
• Take hot oil treatments once or twice a week.
• Oil your hair before shampooing.
• Don’t rub your hair too hard while using a towel for drying it.
• Don’t be harsh to your hair but be gentle while combing your hair.
• Stop using heat styling and blow dryers.
• Trim your hair regularly every 2 or 3 months.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin A, iron, protein, and biotin. Include foods like eggs, leafy vegetables, fish, carrots, soybean, mushrooms, beans, grains, walnuts, flaxseeds, raisin in your diet.
• Drink plenty of water.
Beauty Articles1. Summer Hair Care Tips For Healthy & Gorgeous Tresses
Author: Kairali Ayurvedic Products
2. Why Women Grow Neck And Chin Hair
Author: George Katsoudas
3. How Hormones Affect Your Hair And Make You Bald?
4. Hair Removal Practices: From Ancient Times To Today
Author: George Katsoudas
5. International Institute Of Hairdressing Level 2 & 3 Mcg Guilds In Dubai - Uae
6. Best Hair Institute Of Qhb Level 3 | Advanced Hairdressing Classes In Dubai - Uae
7. Professional School Of Hair Style|creative Courses In Hairdressing In Dubai - Uae
8. Best Advanced Hairdressing Salons In Dubai - Uae
9. Best Hairdressing Salons | Hair Institute In Dubai - Uae
10. Advanced Cidesco Certificate Courses In Body Massage Therapy | Dubai - Uae
11. Advanced Cidesco Certificate Courses In Aesthetic | Dubai - Uae
12. Advanced Cidesco Certificate Courses In Skin Care Therapy | Dubai - uae
13. International Media Makeup School / Academy In Dubai - uae
14. Cidesco Diploma Courses Of Beauty Therapy In Dubai - uae
15. Cidesco Academy Of Spa Therapy | Dubai — uae