ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
How To Take Care Of Your Colored Hair
We almost all love to experiment with our look and especially with hair whether it is haircut or hair dye. Two things we should follow – which style suits us and how to maintain the style we are going to adopt. Else all will go in vain.
We are living in an era where artificial things take more value than natural things. Then why not artificial hair color to be tried? Let’s try but without harming our hair health. In such case, we should take better care of our hair in order to retain and maintain the silky and shiny texture. Hair Clinic in Concord has put some guides to maintain your colored hair so that you can keep flaunting your vibrant hued locks without any worry:
1. Prepare Your Hair Before The Color Treatment: It’s true that dying your hair can damage and dry it. That’s why it is highly required to get ready with advanced hot-oil treatment and nourishing hair masks. Before you go for coloring your hair make sure you have washed your hair with a recommended shampoo in order to clean your oily scalp so that it won’t make a barrier in the way of color-adherence.
2. Choose The Right Hair Color: It is always suggested to use ammonia-free hair dye which is less damaging. Ammonia breaks the hair to release the color by worsening the hair structure and texture. Get sure that your hair stylist knows well which product is best for your texture.
3. Shampoo Only After 72 Hours: Wait! Wait! Wait! Hair cuticle requires a minimum of 72 hours to retain the color and seal up properly to prevent bleeding. Shampooing after 3 days of dying will help your dye last long and as a result, you won’t need to go to salon time and again for touch-ups.
4. Go Sulfate-Free, Stay Bright & Happy: Hair products containing SLES or SLS can strip your hair and scalp of natural oils which in turn lead to dull hair. SLS is mainly detergent that produces foam in the cleansing product. So, purchase those color protecting shampoos and conditioner which are sulfate-free. Sulfate-free products help to keep the hair color vibrant and the lock as well.
5. Wash Your Hair With Cool Water: It always feels fantastic to take a hot bath and it’s really bad for your hair and scalp. That’s why lower the temperature while washing your hair – best is to wash your hair with cool water. Washing hair with hot water can wash most of the color by opening up hair cuticle. You can use luke-warm water while washing your hair with shampoo. Don’t forget to do a final wash with cool water in order to seal up cuticles by locking in the color.
6. Don’t Wash More Than 2-3 Times A Week: If you are looking for healthier hair with vibrant color, you better follow the advice of the experts of hair clinic in east bay area -“not to wash more than 2 to 3 times in a week”. It is said because washing every alternate day makes the hair worst, dry with dull color.
7. Oil, Condition & Moisturize Your Hair: Taking a massage with coconut oil helps a lot keep the hair healthy, shiny, and soft. If you apply oil before a wash, it will give you an extra layer of protection from color bleeding. And applying a good conditioner helps to seal the hair shaft, regenerate the color, and make the frizzy hair manageable with extra shine. Try egg, avocado, and olive oil hair mask for moisturized and damage-free hair. So, include weekly hydrating hair mask, regular hot oil treatment before every hair wash, and using a moisturizing shampoo after shampooing as essentials for your dyed hair.
8. Sustenance For Your Hair: Hair nourishment is imperative for the healthy scalp and strong locks. Include vitamin C, protein, Biotin in your diet with fruits, eggs, salmon, and veggies.
9. Say No To The Heat: You have treated your hair chemically so, it’s best avoiding blow dryers and styling tools because heat can fade the color and damage your hair as well. Give your hair air dry instead of using foam rollers in the wet locks. If you want to use curling or straightening iron, make sure that you have applied a heat protectant spray that will help maintain hair color by preserving the natural moisture.
10. Protect Your Hair From The Sun: Strong sunlight can lead to dull hair with a lifeless color by draining the moisture down. So, before you go out of the house, use a UV protectant spray or scarf to prevent your hair from damaging.
11. Don’t Take The Plunge: Be careful when you are around a swimming pool because the chlorine in the water can remove or lighten the color by following dry out and damaging your hair. Before you take a dip, make sure you have worn a swimming cap or coating your hair with your favorite oil in order to make a barrier.
Apart from these, trim your hair every two months in order to prevent faded, dull, and dry split-ends. Regular trimming will help to retain the rich and glossy color of your locks.
Beauty Articles1. Try Out These Flawless And Trendy Hairstyles Using Extensions
Author: Louise Bailey
2. Is Tummy Tuck Or Abdominoplasty Is Safe ?
Author: Abhinav Singh
3. 4 Best Medicine For Itching
4. Mehendi Tips For Bride To Be Wedding Series
Author: Amit Negi
5. Fastest Way To Get Stylish Hair Look
6. How To Choose Hair Treatment
Author: Meera Pandey
7. Deodorant Halal Or Haram?
8. Neck Firming Cream - To Firm And Tighten Your Neck Skin
Author: Emily Blunt
9. Nourish Your Body And Mind By Spa And Salon Service
10. Tape-in Hair Extension – Why They’re So Trendy Now
11. Six Reasons Why Switch To Organic Skincare Products
12. 7 Skin Care Tips To Own A Glowing Skin
Author: Thelma Okoro
13. How To Choose A Perfect Hairstyle
14. Want Eyelash Extensions For Your Eyes With Perfection?
Author: Sara Beauty
15. What Are The Modern Solutions For Skin Care
Author: Ali Haghnegahdar