ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Can Plastic Surgeons Treat Hair Loss And Restoration?
Total Articles: 1
One of the most common problem in today's world between young men and aged men is Hairloss, there is no set defined age to experience hair loss leading to Baldness. Baldness are of different types and usually happens in stages, especially when its a case of Androgenic Alopeica.
Listed below are a few reason's why a person could naturally lose his hair;
1. Androgenic Alopeica: Pattern hair loss, known as male-pattern hair loss (MPHL) when it affects males and female-pattern hair loss (FPHL) when it affects females,
is hair loss that primarily affects the top and front of the scalp [ Refer Image above]. In males, the hair loss often presents as a receding hairline, while in females, it typically presents as a thinning of the Hair Transplant in Delhi.
2. Alopecia areata: It is also known as spot baldness, is a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body. Often it results in a few bald spots on the scalp, each about the size of a coin.
3. Alopecia universalis (AU): is a condition characterized by the complete loss of hair on the scalp and body.
Solutions and Remedies to Avoid Hair Loss (or) to Restore lost hairs
There are no Proven (or) Permanent and Guaranteed cure for Alopecia Areata (or) Universalis, Meanwhile for Androgenic Alopecia (MPB & FPHL) there are various ways to control Hair loss (no permanent solution) or slower the pace of baldness and also to restore lost hair (in view of appearance) with a surgical procedure wide known as Hair transplant which will give one an oppurtunity to have natural growing hair in the areas where natural growing (or) native hair is lost.
Listed below are a few options to control / slower the rate of hair loss which is widely used in the field of Dermatalogy which is considered to be completely safe by most of the Dermatoligists & also, Plastic Surgeon's.
1. PRP (Platelets Rich Plasma): Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is processed blood plasma, a concentration of plasma with platelets from which red blood cells and white blood cells are removed. This concentration of PRP taken from the patient’s own blood is injected into the scalp to promote hair growth.
2. Hair Re-Growth Pills: Most hair supplements contain more or less the same ingredients: Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin B3, and Vitamin A, all of which have been shown to be essential for hair growth.
3. Hair Transplant: The most popular known solution for Hair loss today. It is the most commonly chosen solution by people who are already in a advanced stage of hair loss.Hair transplant is a surgical technique by which hair follicles are taken from one part of the body usually from the back of your scalp, which is called the 'donor site', to a bald or balding part of the body known as the 'recipient site', most commonly the Hairline, Vertex or the Crown area on the scalp. Hair Transplant is widely popular across the world and is used to treat male pattern baldness today.
Image above: A Post Hair Transplant Procedure clicked at Divine Cosmetic Surgery (Surgeon: Dr. Amit Gupta and Team)
Techniques of Hair Transplant
There are two widely used techniques 1. FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and 2. FUT (Follicular Unit Trichophytic) under which there are sub techniques and all these techniques provides the same results. There are a very few surgeons today who individually (or) combine one or more techniques in order to extract higher number of follicles which controls over harvesting which usually is the case when only one technique is used.
Results achieved with any technique is exactly the same and there is literally no difference in it, Any technique that is used certainly leaves scar/scars. Scars are usally never visible until unless the hair shaven (or) trimmed extremly short. Infact there is a technique known as Trichophytic in FUT, in which hair would grow through the scars, therefore choose your technique and your Surgeon wisely.
Effectiveness of Hair Transplant
Firstly, Hair Transplant is absolutely safe, irrespective of the technique used and Yes, that means there will be no headache, Cancer or any medical issues associated with Hair Transplant. Hair Transplant is infact is not only safe but also the results are Permanent if the planted follicles are extracted from the Permanent zone which is located in the back of your scalp. A Plastic surgeon or Medical Professional in Dermatalogy who have experience in Hair transplant are allowed to do Hair transplant cost in Delhi.
Note: In a city like New Delhi for example, a lot of clinics are actually run by MBBS, Homeopaths, Physicians & Dentist too - Always ask who is going to perform the hair tranplant and ask for a DMC Degree Certificate (Delhi Medical Council) which regulates all medical activities in the city of Delhi and If a clinic fails to show you that certificate and then most often it is not a place run by a Doctor (Plastic Surgeon), Always try and choose a well experienced Plastic Surgeon in order to achieve the best of results.
Hair Transplant - The Process
Day 0 : The Procedure (The whole procedure is performed under local anestesia , which Means the patient is awake throughout the procedure and could be communicating with the surgeon and the team.
Day 4: The transplanted area is washed for the time post the procedure
Day 5-10/12: The transplanted area has formation of scabs/crust which will fall off on it own between 8th -12th day from Day 0.
Post 16 Days: The sutures used in FUT can be removed and if dissolvable there is no necessity to have it removed as it is designed to dissolve off on its own.
3-4 Weeks Later: The transplanted hair starts to fall off and the follicles go through the resting phase
4th month onwards: The transplanted hair starts to grow and at an average pace of about 1cm/month.
Dramatic Change: The dramatic change usually happens between 6th - 8th month and almost complete results are achieved between the 10th - 12th month and continues to get better up until 18th month.
Research and Future Techniques
Stem cells and dermal papilla cells have been discovered in hair follicles. Research on these follicular cells may (or) may not lead to successes in treating baldness through hair multiplication (HM), also known as hair cloning.
Divine Cosmetic Surgery in Delhi & Gurgaon, India, Our specialist divine cosmetic surgeon provides hair transplant surgery, breast surgery, best plastic surgeon in Delhi.
Health Articles1. When To Consult An Infertility Specialist?
Author: Akanksha Hospital
2. Productive Prostatectomy Surgery With Dr. Jagdish Kulkarni, Best Uro Oncologist, India
Author: Lisa Resnick
3. Hair Transplant Is The Right Solution For You?
Author: Hair Transplant Bangalore
4. Ayurvedic Medicine For Detoxification | Contract Manufacturing |herbalhills
5. Avastin Injection Supplier – Ocean Pharmaceutical
Author: Ocean Pharma
6. Choose The Best Nutrition Program To Achieve Your Fitness Goal
Author: Fit with Sylvia
7. What To Look For When Hiring The Professional Nutrition Advisor
Author: Fit with Sylvia
8. Sleeping Problems: Know Sleep Apnea Causes And Treatment
9. What Are The Risk Factor A Pcos Pregnancy Loss?
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
10. Dealing With Social Anxiety – Do You Need A Social Anxiety Counseling From A Renowned Therapist?
Author: Marci Stiles
11. How To Take Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
Author: Anita kapoor
12. Features And Benefits Of Neurontin (gabapentin) 400mg & 800mg
Author: Features and Benefits of Neurontin (Gabapentin) 40
13. Adjustable Bed Vs. Regular Bed: Which Suits For Your Health?
Author: Zero-G Beds
14. What You Need To Know About The Different Orthodontic Treatments
Author: Steven Tyler
15. Colon Hydrotherapy/colonic Irrigation In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Dr. Arpit Choudhary