ALL >> Health >> View Article
Is It Possible To Regenerate Tooth Enamel?
Total Articles: 1
The tooth enamel also acts as an insulator and protects the tooth from hot and cold foods and drinks. Unfortunately, a lifetime of eating and drinking can chip and wear the tooth enamel away. Unlike a broken bone, once tooth enamel is eroded, it can never be recovered. As much as it is the hardest tissue in the body, it can also regenerate naturally.
Harmful bacteria feeds on the food particles present in our mouth, particularly sugar. This leads to the release of some toxic acids that wear away the enamel and ultimately causes tooth decay. However, there is another challenge that eats away the enamel. Eating acidic foods and drinks makes the enamel to lose some of its important elements. If you take such foods and drinks repeated after a long time, your enamel will be at risk of damage.
When it comes to protecting your enamel, nothing beats visiting the dentist. Visiting your dentist after every six months will help to ensure that damaged tooth enamel does not go untreated. On top of visiting your dentist, make sure that you brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day. Also, avoid any acidic foods or beverages.
Fluoride treatment is another effective way to strengthen your enamel. Using a toothpaste that contains phosphates and calcium will help in restoring these minerals on the enamel. The acid that is produced as a result of bacteria action of on the food particles in the mouth removes calcium and phosphates from the enamel. So, next time you are purchasing toothpaste, make sure that the toothpaste contains fluoride. You can also visit your dentist for fluoride treatment.
If you experience constant tooth sensitivity, the chances are that your tooth enamel is eroded. Make sure that you visit our dentist in Mulgrave for corrective measures that can strengthen your enamel. However, there are some instances when corrective measures were not taken in a timely manner and as a result tooth decay developed thus damaging your tooth. If you are in such a situation, worry no more. Our dentist at Springvale Dental Clinic can help restore your smile through root canal treatment.
Health Articles1. When To Consult An Infertility Specialist?
Author: Akanksha Hospital
2. Productive Prostatectomy Surgery With Dr. Jagdish Kulkarni, Best Uro Oncologist, India
Author: Lisa Resnick
3. Hair Transplant Is The Right Solution For You?
Author: Hair Transplant Bangalore
4. Ayurvedic Medicine For Detoxification | Contract Manufacturing |herbalhills
5. Avastin Injection Supplier – Ocean Pharmaceutical
Author: Ocean Pharma
6. Choose The Best Nutrition Program To Achieve Your Fitness Goal
Author: Fit with Sylvia
7. What To Look For When Hiring The Professional Nutrition Advisor
Author: Fit with Sylvia
8. Sleeping Problems: Know Sleep Apnea Causes And Treatment
9. What Are The Risk Factor A Pcos Pregnancy Loss?
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
10. Dealing With Social Anxiety – Do You Need A Social Anxiety Counseling From A Renowned Therapist?
Author: Marci Stiles
11. How To Take Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
Author: Anita kapoor
12. Features And Benefits Of Neurontin (gabapentin) 400mg & 800mg
Author: Features and Benefits of Neurontin (Gabapentin) 40
13. Adjustable Bed Vs. Regular Bed: Which Suits For Your Health?
Author: Zero-G Beds
14. What You Need To Know About The Different Orthodontic Treatments
Author: Steven Tyler
15. Colon Hydrotherapy/colonic Irrigation In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Dr. Arpit Choudhary