ALL >> Health >> View Article
Is It Possible To Regenerate Tooth Enamel?
The tooth enamel also acts as an insulator and protects the tooth from hot and cold foods and drinks. Unfortunately, a lifetime of eating and drinking can chip and wear the tooth enamel away. Unlike a broken bone, once tooth enamel is eroded, it can never be recovered. As much as it is the hardest tissue in the body, it can also regenerate naturally.
Harmful bacteria feeds on the food particles present in our mouth, particularly sugar. This leads to the release of some toxic acids that wear away the enamel and ultimately causes tooth decay. However, there is another challenge that eats away the enamel. Eating acidic foods and drinks makes the enamel to lose some of its important elements. If you take such foods and drinks repeated after a long time, your enamel will be at risk of damage.
When it comes to protecting your enamel, nothing beats visiting the dentist. Visiting your dentist after every six months will help to ensure that damaged tooth enamel does not go untreated. On top of visiting your dentist, make sure that you brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day. Also, avoid any acidic foods or beverages.
Fluoride treatment is another effective way to strengthen your enamel. Using a toothpaste that contains phosphates and calcium will help in restoring these minerals on the enamel. The acid that is produced as a result of bacteria action of on the food particles in the mouth removes calcium and phosphates from the enamel. So, next time you are purchasing toothpaste, make sure that the toothpaste contains fluoride. You can also visit your dentist for fluoride treatment.
If you experience constant tooth sensitivity, the chances are that your tooth enamel is eroded. Make sure that you visit our dentist in Mulgrave for corrective measures that can strengthen your enamel. However, there are some instances when corrective measures were not taken in a timely manner and as a result tooth decay developed thus damaging your tooth. If you are in such a situation, worry no more. Our dentist at Springvale Dental Clinic can help restore your smile through root canal treatment.
Health Articles1. Causes Of Constipation - Vithai Piles Clinic
Author: vithai piles clinic
2. Making Sensual Fantasies A Reality
Author: John Dugan
3. How Occupational Therapy In Bangalore Helps For Autism? | Autism Centre Near Me | Capaar
4. Popular Long Acting Basal Insulin Available For All Types Of Diabetes
Author: Jessica Cristina
5. The Rapid Spread Of Acupuncture In The Western World
Author: Duncan Mcgechie
6. Why Take Ayurvedic Treatment For Muscular Dystrophy And Parkinson Disease
7. Have You Tried Ayurvedic Treatment For Your Diseases?
8. Stress Is A Major Problem In The 21st Century
Author: Duncan Mcgechie
9. Excellent Ayurvedic Treatment For Parkinson
10. Gratitude Humbling Experience Works Like A Medicine!
Author: William Jackson
11. Why Do You Need Dental Crowns?
12. Tips On How To Connect Dental Turbine Unit To Air Compressor
13. Cure Parkinson And Muscular Diseases With Ayurvedic Treatment Here
14. Mx3 Natural Food Supplement-healthcare
Author: ma.laiza bayquin
15. What Are Marijuana's Long-term Effects On The Brain?
Author: Jacob Holmes