ALL >> Education >> View Article
Real World Applications Of Computer Aided Design
Computer aided design (CAD) is used to create computer models that generate, modify, and optimise a desired shape. This software allows for higher precision, simpler, and accurate design iterations based on geometrical parameters.
The top engineering colleges in Pune offer courses in CAD, the study of which enables you to view objects in a variety of representations and test them in real-world simulations. CAD uses computer-based methods to encode geometrical data and can be seamlessly integrated with manufacturing for increased efficiency.
Some applications of CAD are:
CAD is used to create solid components of desired shape by joining and cutting different solid volumes.
The final product is replica of the original and can be seen and rotated like the real thing.
In this process CAD is used to create desired surfaces by trimming, stitching, and joining different surfaces to create a final shape model.
Assembling models created in solid or surface modelling takes place in this process. The fitment of models and actual working of assembly are observed during this process.
2D drawings of components are made much simpler and easier using this software
The real 3D model is converted to real components using CAD. This process of reverse engineering involves use of a variety of instruments such as laser scanner, white light scanner, and coordinate measuring machine. The virtual model thus obtained can be modified in a CAD program.
Using 2D CAD or graphics software, machines can cut or engrave different materials like yard, plywood, acrylic sheets, and glass.
3D mills are computer controlled mills used for engraving and similar applications. 3D milling is time intensive even on fast, modern machinery especially for a high quality finish
CAM automates traditional turning on a lathe including roughing, grooving, threading, and finishing.
This process produces a three-dimensional object of any shape and type from a digital model. Each object begins with a CAD file, created with a 3D modelling programme, or by reverse engineering.
Education Articles1. What Subjects Will Be Taught In Bba Course
2. Boarding School In Kolhapur – Mit Vishwashanti Gurukul
Author: MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul
3. 5 Ways To Teach Islam To Kids
Author: Mishary Alafasy
4. Introduction To Big Data
5. What Makes Sushi Making Class In Boston So Popular?
Author: Reginald Gideon
6. Agriculture And The Pandemic
Author: Current Affairs Review
7. Which Is The Best Safety Training Institute In Uae?
Author: Green World
8. 5 Futuristic Technical Skills That The Best Boarding School Teaches
Author: Swarnprastha Public School
9. What Is Equine Massage Certification And Therapy?
Author: Maria Hernandez
10. Know-how Education System Is Emerging With The Technology
Author: My schoolr
11. Boost Your Self Esteem And Confidence
Author: Umar hameed
12. Pmp Certification: Make A Successful And Glorious Career In Project Management
Author: Avan Jack
13. Reactjs Framework Articles You Should Read
Author: siyaram yadav
14. Many Auditor Jobs Availed Iso 14001 Lead Auditor Course
Author: Green World
15. Wordpress Website Development Training Institute In Faridabad
Author: kiran sharma