ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Stop Google Chrome Update On Ios Device
Total Articles: 34
Google Chrome didn’t have any options to disable the automatic update. When a new update comes out, Google Chrome performs automatic updates every few weeks to provide more stable browsing.
But, if you want to stop automatically Google Chrome’s automatic updates because you do not want to change the current version of Chrome or whatever your reason may be, then here are some solutions to disable automatic update on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
How to disable Google Chrome Update on your Mac
1. Click on ‘Go’ tab in the top menu of your Mac’s display.
2. Hold down the ‘Option’ key of your Mac’s keyboard. It causes Library folder will appear on the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the ‘Library’ from the menu.
4. Scroll down and search for ‘Google’ folder in the library list.
5. Double click on the ‘Google’ folder to open it.
6. Click and select the ‘GoogleSoftwareUpdate’ folder.
7. Now, click ‘File’ tab from the top menu bar.
8. Click ‘Get Info’ from the File’s drop-down menu.
9. Click on the ‘Lock-shaped’ icon at the lower left corner of the window.
10. Enter your password.
11. Now, click and select the folder’s name at the top of the window to rename it.
12. Enter a different name (NoUpdate).
13. And press ‘Return’ button to save the new name.
14. Close all windows to restart your Mac.
15. Click on the ‘Apple’ icon.
16. Click ‘Restart.’
17. Confirm ‘Restart Now’ when prompted.
After finishing restarting your Mac, Google Chrome will no longer be able to Update automatically.
An easy way to disable Google Chrome Update on Mac OS X
Note: this will not just disable Chrome Update it will disable the entire Google applications automatic updates.
1. Launch the Terminal. You can find this in /Applications/Utilities/.
2. Enter this command into terminal (write com.google.Keystone.Agent checkInterval 0).
3. Hit ‘Return’ key.
4. Exit from Terminal.
5. And, restart Google Chrome.
It works to stop all the Google applications to update automatically.
How to disable Google Chrome Update on iPhone
1. Tap and open the ‘Settings.’
2. Scroll and tap on ‘iTunes & App Store’ in the settings.
3. Turn off the ‘Updates’ switch.
Now, none of your apps will update automatically including Google Chrome.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
General Articles1. What Kinds Of Color Coil Plate Are There
2. Send Beautiful Rakhis And Adorable Rakhi Gifts Online For Your Beloved Brother In Uk
Author: Ashu sami
3. 30 Quick-fire Fashion Tips Every Woman In 2019 Should Know
Author: Unknown Member
4. How To Buy A Clarinet Of Your Choice Online Or Offline?
Author: Joseph white
5. Rocket League Borders To Complete
6. Square Bolts Manufacturers In India
Author: Ashwin Jain
7. Helpful Items For New College Freshmen
Author: Darren Chappel
8. Keep Spick And Span Aluminium Windows With These 4 Cleaning Methods
Author: Remee Espiritu
9. Datapro Is Best Computer Training Institute In India
Author: Promo Datapro
10. What Is Anti-corrosion Coating And How Does It Work?
Author: Protexion Services
11. Guide To New Gst Registration In Indirapuram
Author: ca gaurav
12. Everything You Need To Know About Hifu Treatment In Bangalore.
13. Find Genuine Push Button Suppliers For Quality Products
14. Is Antivirus Is True Security
Author: Emily Smith
15. Und Da Wir Keine Obstkuchen Mochten, Kam Das Nicht In Frage