ALL >> Business >> View Article
Reasons For Oral Cancer Examinations
It is important to note that around 75 percent of oral cancers are linked with modifiable behaviors such as smoking, tobacco use and excessive alcohol consumption. Your dentist can provide literature and education on making lifestyle changes and smoking cessation.
When oral cancer is diagnosed in its earliest stages, treatment is generally very effective. Any noticeable abnormalities in the tongue, gums, mouth or surrounding area should be evaluated by a health professional as quickly as possible.
During the oral cancer exam, the dentist and dental hygienist will be scrutinizing the maxillofacial and oral regions carefully for signs of pathologic changes.
The following signs will be investigated during a routine oral cancer exam:
Red patches and sores – Red patches on the floor of the mouth, the front and sides of the tongue, white or pink patches which fail to heal and slow healing sores that bleed easily can be indicative of pathologic (cancerous) changes.
Leukoplakia – This is a hardened white or gray, slightly raised lesion that can appear anywhere inside the mouth. Leukoplakia can be cancerous, or may become cancerous if treatment is not sought.
Lumps – Soreness, lumps or the general thickening of tissue anywhere in the throat or mouth can signal pathological problems.
Make an appointment today…..we’ll give you a reason to smile!
Business Articles1. How An Investor Made $1 Million From A Retirement Saving Of $35,000
2. How The Covid-19 Pandemic Led To An Increase In Cryptocurrency Scams?
Author: Alex Miller
3. Complex Fertilizers Market To Hit 54.32 Billion Usd By 2022
4. Car Insurance Calgary: Some Basic Pointers To Buy Insurance
Author: Jason Davis
5. How To Prevent Ransomware With Some Simple Tips?
6. Covid-19 Impact On Medical Supplies Market | Increased Demand Of Ppe Kits And N95 Masks Globally
Author: robert henric
7. 8 Things To Know Before Contacting A Website Development Company
Author: Ratnesh sharma
8. Flavor Enhancers Market: Significant Growth Is Observed In The Asia-pacific Region
9. How To Setup Battery Manufacturing Business In India?
10. A Basic Summary Of A Bariatric Post Op Diet
Author: Johnny Kwon
11. Defining Features Of Awg Fire Alarm Cable
Author: Greg Anixter
12. The Future Of Communication - Contactless Near Field Communication (nfc)
Author: NFC Tagify
13. Covid-19 Impact Analyzer For Peptides And Heparin Market Through, Concludes Fact.mr
14. Four Steps For The Perfect Fresh Coat Of Paint
Author: Jrossi Construction
15. Best Astrologer In Mississauga | Famous Indian Astrologer In Mississauga
Author: Pandit Ganapathi