ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Why You Should Design Your Website For Screen Readers ?
Total Articles: 10
Screen readers are specially designed software for visually impaired people. But are they only used by the blind people ? no, says some web designers. People who use to travel frequently are also using these screen readers for easy access. Apart from them, these screen readers are also finding their use in people familiar with multitasking. At this juncture, what could be the standards that a website should adopt to make it more simple ?
A screen reader uses Text To Speech engine to translate the onscreen information in to verbal content. For this reason, designing a website according to the speech engine is one of the main task for giving great experience to users. Speech engines use verbal menus to provide information, users navigate through these verbal menus to get what they want. Hence the title tags should be designed according to the verbal menus. In other words, SEO plays a crucial part in maintaining proper HTML headings to raise the standards of the site.
Also screen readers reads out the entire information in the HTML code which is not required for the users. As a result user will feel uncomfortable with the content. Moreover these screen readers are mostly dependent on English domain. So the web site should support several languages, especially for a country like India. If the content is not pertinent, it would be difficult for the search engines to identify the title tags causing distress in the users mind.
Hence while designing a website, make appropriate changes such that the screen readers start from the top of the content instead of top of the HTML. For images you have to mention an alternate text for easy understanding of the screen reader. It is difficult for visually impaired people to identify the anchor texts even the screen reader reads it. Like for images, the web designers have to provide an alternate tag for these anchor links also. Finally make sure to design your entire content as simple as possible for the screen readers to make it useful for everyone.
Web Design Articles1. How To Choose The Best Company For Web Development Solutions India?
Author: Narendra Suthar
2. Top Seo Company In India | Best Web Designing Company In Delhi
Author: sagar jha
3. Important Challenges Your E-commerce Provider Should Take Care Of
Author: Appcode India
4. Tips For Locating Office Space For Rent In Nj
5. Benefits Of Migrating To Shopify
6. Responsive Web Design Company Cochin
Author: Magiccodz Software Solutions
7. Why You Should Keep Up With The Latest E Commerce Business News
Author: Jacob Alex
8. Globalise Your Sales And Services With The Help Of Digital Marketing Experts
Author: Samya Banerjee
9. Pros And Cons Of Using Ppc Advertisements
Author: Khalid Majid
10. Trends In Mobile Application Development 2019
Author: Webclues Global
11. Top 10 Powerful Marketing Strategies To Promote E-commerce Website In Serp
Author: Kalpana Singh
12. How To Improve Your Bigcommerce Store In The New Year?
13. Why Outsource Your Website Development To A Web Development Company In Gurgaon?
Author: Netleaf software
14. The Best New Jersey Seo Company For Your Business
Author: Reclaim Digital
15. Latest Web Design Trends A Web Designing Company In Gurgaon Can Help Implement
Author: Netleaf software