ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
A Healthy Touch To The Street Style Samosa: Poha - Sprouts Samosa
This healthy samosa is made up using poha and sprouts with usual spices and ingredients.
Poha (Soaked) - ¾ Cup
Hara Vatana (Fried green peas) - ¾ Cup (Boiled and Sprouted)
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - ½ Tsp
Hing (Asafoetida) - ¼ Tsp
Onions (Chopped) - ½ Cup
Green Chillies (Chopped) - 2 Tsp
Curry Leaves - 5 - 7
Turmeric Powder - ½ Tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 Tsp
Sugar - 1 Tbsp
Salt - to taste
Coriander Leaves (Chopped) - 2 Tbsp
For plain flour Mixture:-
Maida (Plain Flour) - ¼ Cup
Water - ¼ Cup
Samosa Patties - 18
Oil - Deep frying
The Process of making:-
1) Take a pan and heat the oil, then add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
2) When seeds start to crackle, add onions, curry leaves and green chillies.
Saute for a minute or until onions turn a little brown in colour.
3) Add dried green peas and poha. Also add, sugar, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt.
4) Mix them well and continue cooking for further 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Once you see the mixture is bit soft and ready to eat the out the flame off.
6) Add coriander leaves into the mixture and divide them into equal portions.
1) Take a samosa Patti and place it onto a clean dry surface. Then fold it from the bottom corner to the opposite side to give a triangle shape.
2) Then fold the triangle towards the left side and then again fold diagonally.
3) Time to fill the stuffing into the samosa and close the sides with the help of plain flour-water mixture.
4) Repeat the same procedure with the other remaining portions.
5) For fry, take a deep pan and heat the oil. Deep fry the samosa’s until they turn golden brown in colour.
6) Take samosa’s out from the pan and place on the serving plate.
7) Serve healthy poha-sprouts samosa hot with green chutney.
The Author is a renowned chef from New Delhi. She loves to cook and eat typical street style food. Samosa is one of the most popular street snacks, she has tried to give a healthy touch to the snack.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Where To Buy Bulk Lollies In Australia For This X-mas?
Author: Sweet As
2. Do You Have The Right Grill Pan? Learn How To Select The Right One For You
Author: Daily brewed content
3. Intake Of Healthy Sea Food Is Great For Health And Wellbeing
Author: Yogendra Shinde
4. Precautions To Take While Going For Dining In Gold Coast Bar Nowadays
Author: Backbone Bar
5. Five Reasons To Buy Wholesale Commercial Bakery Supplies
Author: Ryan Stover
6. Easy Ways To Use Black Maca Root Powder
Author: Mark Ament
7. Foods That Make You Beautiful!
Author: nikita syangal
8. Different Types Of Health Benefits Of Morocco Olive Oil
Author: Abelson Williams
9. Some Christmas Gift Suggestion For Her
Author: Amara Shah
10. Covid-19 Impact On Fungicides Market Size, Growth, Share, Trends, Industry Analysis, Region
Author: Nikhil khadilkar
11. 3 Types Of Sight Flow Indicators Available In India
Author: Noble Glass
12. 8 Quick Pickle Making Tips For Beginners
Author: Morden Foods Products
13. The Secret To Making A Perfect Cup Of Coffee
Author: Isabella Whitmore
14. 11 Mixers That Produce Alcohol Healthier
Author: Nehal Preet
15. 3 Reasons To Use Natural Supplements For Pets
Author: Gregory Tilford