ALL >> Health >> View Article
10 Common Foods You Must Eat Regularly To Get Your Antioxidants
Foods that provide high antioxidant benefits are considered to be healthy because they help our bodies deal with and combat the effects of free radicals. These are molecules in our cells that have mutated and not been repaired or destroyed way bodies which can be potentially harmful. If allowed to roam free and build up in our bodies, these free radicals can have the potential to cause oxidative damage to your DNA and body cells in general. By regularly eating a diet that is high in antioxidants your body is able to neutralize these molecules. When you do not have enough antioxidants your body, it is unable to deal with chronic oxidative stress. This has the effect of weakening your immune system and increasing your overall risk of developing some of the most common chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and many types of cancer.
Eating these common foods regularly will provide you with adequate antioxidant benefits:
1. Tomatoes contain three types of antioxidants, Vitamin C, one of nature’s most potent antioxidants, Lycopene, this is responsible for tomatoes, bright red colour and Vitamin A, these act as your internal body cleaners. Tomatoes also contain potassium and vitamin B, both of which are good for your kidney and heart.
Vitamin C is very heat sensitive, so it is lost when anything containing it is cooked but cooking tomatoes substantially increases the lycopene content and improves its antioxidant benefits in a similar way as others such as beta-carotene which becomes more potent when cooked on low heat.
2. Broccoli contains antioxidant, carotenoids lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene in substantially larger amounts compared to other vegetables.The best way to cook broccoli is by steaming it. It is also great to eat raw or juiced to keep its high vitamin C content intact.
3. Oranges contain are a good source of vitamin C and many other nutrients vital to collagen production to help reduce wrinkles and improve the texture skin overall.
4. Mangoes offer vitamin A flavonoids, alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin. Their antioxidant benefits help to maintain healthy vision and glowing radiant skin.
5. Beetroot contains betalain antioxidant a fungicidal and anti-inflammatory that aids in detoxification as well as helping to provide cancer protection.
6. Strawberries contain, anthocyanins, antioxidants that help protect against cardiovascular diseases fight bad cholesterol and carcinogens
7. Garlic contains antioxidants that act like a natural antibiotic, prevent oxidation, help to stop cancer and infections.
8. Eggs contain zeaxanthin and lutein antioxidants to help keep your eyes healthy and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration or blindness.
9. Tea is rich in flavonoids, antioxidants that can reduce the likely hood of developing mouth and gum disorders, weak bones, Alzheimers, diabetes and some cancers.
10. Nuts have antioxidant benefits because of compounds such as resveratrol and ellagic acid, which can lower inflammation and subsequent wear and tear as well as helping to nourish your gut bacteria.
Having a good variety and picking fresh, unprocessed foods when choosing the items for your meals and planning a menu high in antioxidants is the key to overall good health and longevity. Our bodies need additional help by regularly eating foods high in antioxidants because of our busy lifestyles.
Nutrafruit holds a global licence to commercialise a range of fruit varieties developed by the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries. Nutrafruit has invested heavily in research, to bring the health benefits of these new superfoods to the world.
Health Articles1. Tips For Effective Oral Hygiene
2. Find Out The Effect Smoking Has On Your Oral Health
Author: James Franklin
3. Reflexology Body Massage Atlanta Often Leaves A Relaxed And Pleasant Feeling!
Author: James Johnson
4. Who Should Pay A Visit To Sarasota Pain Relief Center?
Author: Robert Augustine
5. What Foods Can You Eat After Wisdom Teeth Removal Surgery?
Author: Paulo Pinho
6. What Is Gingivitis?
Author: rajat ziffytech
7. Breast Health Book | Breast Health Promotion Consultants Florida
Author: David Seaman
8. When Is The Ideal Time To Change Your Toothbrush
Author: Claudia Lamington
9. Neuropathic Pain Treatment In Delhi, Pain Management Centre In Delhi
Author: Remove My Pain
10. Double Vision (diplopia)
Author: rajat ziffytech
11. How I Managed To Get My Critical Care Life Saving Medicines At Door Step During This Uncertain Time
Author: Devesh kumar
12. Top Tips To Beat Anxiety Signs In Your Daily Life Easily And Quickly
Author: UK Sleeping Pill
13. Vital Roles Of Bls Certification And Cpr Certification In Redlands Ca
Author: Robert Smith
14. Deceased Donor Liver Transplant In Delhi
Author: Liver Transplant in Delhi
15. Kairali Hand Sanitizer – The Best Practice
Author: Kairali Group