ALL >> Legal >> View Article
3 Reasons Why You May Need A Criminal Defense Attorney
A criminal defense attorney is someone that you can rely on to stand on your side and advice you on the best steps to take to avoid being arrested or defend your rights. If you are facing a situation that puts you in danger of ending up in jail, you need to quickly consider hiring yourself a criminal defense attorney in Albuquerque.
The process of the law will commence rapidly, and the sooner you get a criminal defense attorney on your side, the more chances you have of being properly represented. You also do not have to suffer the process on your own. Sometimes the processes can become drawn out and complicated, and you need to have someone who is competent enough to take you through the process, while also protecting your rights.
Here are a few situations that might tell you it is time to hire a criminal defense lawyer in Albuquerque:
1. If you have been arrested: in the unfortunate event that you have been arrested, there are several due diligences that have to be followed. For instance, they authorities should have provided you with a statement of your rights. These rights are those guaranteed by the state and the constitution in case of an arrest. One of the first and foremost rights is a right to an attorney. At this point, it is necessary that you seek the advice of a criminal defense attorney who will protect you from the process of the law and also make sure that your rights as a person under arrest are protected.
2. If you are being questioned by the police: this can happen if you have, in any way shape or form, been implicated in a crime. In such situations the police will contact you and require that you present yourself at the police station to be questioned. Going into such a situation alone can be dangerous, as you may unknowingly say something that could implicate you or prove your guilt. Your criminal defense attorney in Albuquerque will advice you on how to answer the questions, while protecting your rights. He or she will also help you make crucial decisions regarding the remainder of the legal process, including whether to go to trial or not, and how to plead.
3. If your constitutional rights have been violated: this is an important part of your legal processes that need to be taken into consideration. These could include instances like if your haven’t been read your rights at the time of arrest, or if a proper search warrant was not produced at the time of a search being conducted of your premises, or even if a probable cause has not been established. Only your criminal defense attorney will have the know-how to make sure that your constitutional rights have been preserved, and if not, what demands can be made in defense of that violation. This could even lead to a claim of the prosecution not having sufficient evidence and absolve you completely.
The author is a personal injury attorney with several years of experience working with a well-known personal injury law firm in Albuquerque. He has numerous successful cases under his belt and is passionate about creating awareness about criminal and personal injury law.
Based in Albuquerque, The Law Office of Lucero & Howard, LLC is committed to provide personalized legal representation since 2012. Our team of attorneys has over 15 years of combined experience, plus the energy and vigor to take on all of your legal challenges. We bring experience, knowledge, and teamwork to help tackle any of the legal problems life may throw your way. Our attorneys are well experienced in the areas of Criminal Defense, Civil Rights, and Personal Injury.
Legal Articles1. How A Divorce Attorney Can Help You To Get Divorce With Minimum Expense?
Author: Magner & Hueneke
2. Last Will And Testament, Revocable Living Trust, Irrevocable Living Trust – Which To Choose?
Author: smith clea
3. 3 Important Tips For Buying Deck Stains For Your Wooden Deck
Author: Sun Frog Wood Sealers
4. Estate Planning - Creating A Comprehensive Plan To Pass Your Assets
Author: smith clea
5. 5 Incredible Benefits That Only A Compliance Management Service Provider In Chennai
6. The Difference Between Joint Legal Custody And Legal Custody
Author: Marquez Kelly
7. Get The Top Notch Coronavirus Attorney In Anaheim
Author: The Morris Law Group
8. What You Need To Know About Bail Bonds And How They Work?
Author: Michael Smith
9. When You Need To Reach Out To A Divorce Lawyer
10. 7 Tips To Find A Free Bail Bond Delivery Company
Author: Cameroon Robert
11. Compliance Under Osha
Author: Patrica Crewe
12. Fetch Professional Legal Guidance For Family, Estate Or Probate Matters At Lowest Charges
Author: Magner & Hueneke
13. Know Some Common Causes Of Aviation Accidents
14. Documents Required For Copyright Registration In India
15. Live And Work In Canada - Easy Ways To Make It Happen This Year
Author: Yatin Kumar