ALL >> Business >> View Article
3 Steps To Stop Minimizing Yourself In A Big Way
Have you ever mistaken an insult for a compliment? It sounds nice but it really isn’t meant to be flattering at all. I overheard him say it, “Oh man, she is really low maintenance.” I thought he meant I was humble… next to Godliness. Nope. What he was actually saying was that I did not value myself and it showed in the way I presented myself to others. His opinion was that I did not think taking care of myself was worth the effort. Um, that’s not a compliment.
And the truth is, he was right. All the years of prioritizing other people’s needs over my own cost me physically, mentally, and emotionally. Thankfully, I am finally feeling that I deserve better. And, with support from my personal development coach and by serving as a leader in One Degree Shift community, I am learning the importance of honoring myself and I’ve included three big steps you can take to value and celebrate all that makes you uniquely you.
#1 Stop Seeing Other People As Superior To You
Valuing yourself requires you to first love yourself. And, nothing erodes your confidence and power more than trying to please everyone else while putting your own needs and desires on the back burner. The fear of being rejected is a powerful fear, one that causes us to value the opinions of others over our own.
In college a good friend rejected me, and it crushed my self-esteem. After hanging tight practically the entire school year, she dropped a major bomb on me. She told me she didn’t want to hang out anymore because several of her friends didn’t like me. I was young, 18, and felt so betrayed and tossed aside. To her, our friendship was disposable, and I made her rejection mean that I was disposable. I thought, “There is something wrong with me.” That situation reinforced a behavior that began during childhood. I tiptoed around trying to do everything to make other people happy so they didn’t leave me.
MOre Info Click Here: https://cassandrawashington.com/3-steps-to-stop-minimizing-yourself-in-a-big-way/
Cassandra Washington is the Chief Visionary Officer and founder of One Degree Shift, a unique learning community of like-minded individuals working together to make a difference in the world around them.
Business Articles1. Thinking Out Of The Box With Your Tin Packaging
2. Background Verification Companies In Gurgaon
Author: Abhishek sarswat
3. How To Choose The Right Security Firm For Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Arthur Pangis
4. Reasons Small Businesses Need Accounting Services
Author: R Johnson
5. Webinar #17 – F9 V6 Scheduling Hub
6. The Importance Of Brand Protection
7. Brand Protection: Are You Protecting What Is Yours
8. What Does Brand Integrity Mean And Why Is It Important?
9. Everything You Need To Know About Foam Fire Extinguishers
Author: lura watson
10. Background Verification Companies In Hyderabad
Author: Abhishek Sarswat
11. Hire Dtc Cargo Movers And Packers Today!
Author: Ashish Kapur
12. 10 Tips For You To Become A Prominent Python Programmer
13. Importance Of Spices & Ingredients In The Food Dishes (explained)
Author: Priya Pandya
14. 4 Pros Of Hiring A Professional Company For Commercial Cleaning
Author: myles brown
15. A Business Process Optimization Strategy App Which Helps To Enhance Your Business
Author: Mario F. Davis