ALL >> Education >> View Article
Case Study 2: U.s. Versus Aol
1. Interpret how you believe a computer was used to commit the crimes they were being accused
The data and information may have been transmitted secretly through electronic mailing. Information may have been posted on AOL notice boards. Information and data can be perused by any AOL subscriber or user. Users may have been lured through social engineering where data and information were leaked through. Crime could also be performed trough sniffing as well as performing intrusion operations through network vulnerabilities.
Phishing activities could also be a possible way of committing a crime. Cyber crime, cyber espionage, and computer terrorism could have been possible trigger towards computer crimes committed (Infosec Institute, 2015).
2. Suggest at least two (2) examples of certified professionals that could have been used for this case and the influence they would have provided for the prosecution's testimony
Computer forensic experts they can assist in discovering lost and deleted files. They are capable of identifying electronic criminals by analyzing the crime scene. Computer forensic experts are capable of providing digital evidence based on the material used like network and IP addresses. They are capable of searching and seizing computers used in implementing a given criminal activities (Ray, 2011).
Biometric analysts have the ability to discover fingerprints using marks left on devices. They can provide evidence based on blood stains for prosecution and provision of evidence. They have the ability to use facial recognition technologies. Biometric analysis can provide detailed information containing computer generated graphics of injuries (Ray, 2011).
3. Determine the type of computer forensic skills and procedures or tools that could have been used to extract and preserve the data.
Comprehensive ability to perform indexing and detailed analysis using forensic software tools like Encase Forensic Edition, X-ways Forensic Addition, Forensic Tool Kit, Paraben may be used in a crime scene to provide better investigation. Other forensic tools include
Wireshark forensic tool is a network traffic analyzer that intercepts traffic in the network to analyze packets and perform network sniffing. Network Miner is used to tracking and recovering files while Snort is a tool used for tracking down network intruders (Infosec Institute, 2015).
4. Determine the documentation procedures that could have been used to document the evidence
Administrative worksheet: documents major events, times, and movements related to searching efforts. It contains initial, and continuing prove that shows that management and administrative steps are being followed to ensure organized search is accomplished
a) Narrative Description: documents the general appearance of the scene as observed initially. Contains extreme details about evidence or actual collection of evidence
b) Photographic log: It documents the process of scene photography that contains overall, medium, and close-up views of a scene. Usually, a log is presented to reveal technical as well as descriptive information concerning photographic task.
c) Diagram or sketch: refers to documentation showing evidence of locations and measurements revealing size and distance relationship within a crime scene surroundings
d) Evidence recovery log: refers to documentation containing recognition, collection, marking, and packaging physical evidence for administrative and as well as chain of custody purposes
e) Latent Print lift log: refers to documentation containing recognition, collection, marking, and packaging lifts created from latent prints that were discovered at a scene
(Crime scene investigator. Net, 2015)
Availability of documented evidence would have changed the outcome of criminal acts by facilitating clear follow-up of evidence data and information concerning crimes. It could be easy for the court to have responsible individuals participating in judgment with evidence and prove of legal procedures applied during trial session.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in research paper services if you need a similar paper you can place your order for cheap research paper services
Author is associated with MeldaResearch.Com which is a global Custom Essay Writing and Term Paper Writing Company. If you would like help in Research Papers and Term Paper Help you can visit Custom Writing Service
Education Articles1. Benefits Of Ccna Certification For Your Networking Career
2. Should You Employ A Designer When Renovating Your Kitchen Area?
Author: Alex Arnorld
3. Why Opting For Photography Courses Is Best For Your Clicking Career?
Author: Dk Digital Tech
4. How Could You Make Coding Fun?
Author: shubham sharma
5. How To Quickly Manage High School Teachers Responsibilities
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
6. "the Best Tips To Enrich Communication Between Students, Staff And Parents "
Author: Neelima Ls
7. Best It Training Institute In Jamshedpur
Author: Best IT training institute in jamshepur
8. 10 Famous Trumpet Players
Author: Bishal Sharma
9. Reasons Why Engineering Is Important In Present Day?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
10. Which Is The Best Mca College In Mumbai? Which College Is Better For Pursuing Mca And Have Better P
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
11. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
12. The Alignment Of My Project Methodology To The Lean Process
Author: Debra Gentz
13. What Are Some Of The Best Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi?
Author: insights success
14. All You Need To Know About Scholarships For International Students In Australia
Author: Echoes Education
15. Difference Between Mbbs In Ukraine And Other Countries For Indian Students