ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Locate Your Apple Device Using Homepod
You are all set to work on your MacBook; you settle in when you remember you had to walk your dog. This realization is followed by a string of other actions that you were supposed to carry out earlier. Once you have finally wrapped up your work, you can’t remember where you kept your MacBook in this mess! Does this situation sound familiar to you? Do you often find yourself misplacing your Apple Devices and being unable to locate it? Well, with HomePod, locating your Apple devices would be the least of your concerns! With the latest update, you can hand over the phone or device hunting to your HomePod!
Here’s how you can do it:
Some Prerequisites First
You can use this feature to locate the following Apple devices:
Apple Watch, and
2. To be able to find your Apple device it must be hooked to an active internet connection. Thus, if you have an iPad or iPhone, it should have internet access either over Wi-Fi or cellular data.
3. This feature is available only on HomePods and Apple devices that are running on the latest operating system. Once you have updated your HomePod to the latest iOS 12, your smart speakers will have the option to “Find my phone.” Thus, ensure that your electronics are all updated.
4. Your Apple device and your HomePod should be logged in from the same Apple ID. It makes it easier to spot your iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices.
5. You can only locate the devices that are compatible with the Apple HomePod. Naturally, incompatible devices cannot avail the benefits of this service.
How to Avail This Feature
If you are looking for your mobile phone, all you need to say is “Hey Siri, where’s my iPhone?”
To the previous question, Siri will respond with an “I found ’s iPhone nearby. Should I try to make it play a sound?” When you give the confirmation, you will receive a ping on your phone that will help you find the spot where you last left it. Additionally, you will also receive an email that will confirm that some sound was played on your iPhone. The email will bear the timestamp of when you requested the action.
You can test out this feature on other Apple devices too! (The list of compatible devices have been mentioned above)
While this may not come as a surprise considering that the feature was already available in the Apple Watch, it is still reassuring to know that that you can do the same on HomePod as well. So next time you get a mini heart-attack on not being able to find your iPhone, simply ask Siri on your HomePod!
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs. https://dashnorton.com/ | https://askmeyp.com/ | https://office7.uk.net/ | https://office9.uk.net/
Computers Articles1. Peoplesoft Self-service Applications: Security Best Practices
Author: Abdul Saleem
2. Difference Between Ios And Android Testing
Author: kirankumar paita
3. Regain Control Over Your Digital Privacy With Maiar
Author: Alexis Norris
4. Top 10 Mobile App Development Companies In Doha, Qatar - 2020
5. 3 Factors To Select The Right Server Rack For You
Author: Bishal Sharma
6. Automate Ftp Workflows To Streamline File Transfers At Scale
Author: Vladimir Davidenko
7. Types Of Grocery Delivery Application Development Company In India
Author: Omega Softwares
8. Want To Delete A User On Mac? Here’s How To Do It.
Author: Jack thomson
9. These Are The Best Macbook Pro Cases You Can Find
Author: Mia Watson
10. Red Dead Online: Where To Find The Legendary Chalk Horn Ram
Author: Mia Watson
11. Research Reveals How To Increase Your Workplace Performance With Remote Working
Author: tony richard
12. Credence Security Partners With Zerofox To Protect Organizations' Digital Estates
Author: Vernon Saldanha
13. Diagnose, Repair, And Optimize Your Pc With System Mechanic Trial
Author: Harold Jackson
14. Easy Guide To Fix Common Issues On Google Hangouts
Author: Mia Watson
15. How To Solve The Error Code 14 On Disney Plus
Author: Angel Smith