ALL >> Education >> View Article
Encouraging Curiosity In Classrooms
Educators are growing to realize the importance of questioning and how critical the development of this skill is for students. Based on practices followed by some of the best IGCSE schools in Bangalore we’ve listed some ways for maintaining and developing the innate quality of curiosity in children, which is observed during pre-school years but tends to dissipate as children advance through grades:
1) The ‘Wonder wall’
A number of teachers have adopted this method for cultivating curiosity in the classroom. A ‘wonder wall’ can include bulletin boards allowing students to put up sticky notes as they brainstorm questions during a grading period or semester. Question collections like these are then used as jumping off points for independent research or short class discussions. This is a great way to give students a voice, while learning about their interests and concerns.
2) Depth and Complexity of Understanding
This method aims to create deep understanding of topics to include rigor in the curriculum. It builds strong critical and logical thinking abilities in students early on. For instance, students as young as kindergarten age can think in deep and complex ways by coming up with unanswered questions about a photograph shown to them.
3) Use ‘What If’ Questions
Promoting the use of ‘what if’ questions allows for thinking and responding scientifically in situations that might seem improbable. Research projects are a great exercise to use this tool. Students are compelled to consider short and long-term consequences of their ‘what if’s’, while demonstrating their understanding of the contexts cited by them.
4) Opportunities for Reflection
It is not only important to ask questions of others, but also form the habit of questioning our own work. Educators are only too familiar with students who quickly finish a task but with a number of errors. Reflecting on and evaluating finished work is a powerful practice to avoid such errors. The valuable skill of self-assessment is developed in students when they are given the time and tools for reflection. This practice also reinforces the principle of quality over quantity, where students learn that a completed task is one that is done well, not always the one that is finished the fastest.
These practices to empower students to not only ask questions but ask the right questions are utilized by APWS, making it one of the finest IGCSE Schools in Bangalore.
Education Articles1. Seo Tools And What Are The Ways To Use That Tools?
Author: Benjamin Andrew Stokes
2. Why School Buses Are Yellow In Color?
Author: My schoolr
3. How To Identify The Best Athletic Trainer In India
4. The Distance To The 3 Major Medical Universities In Ukraine From Kiev
5. Why Python Stands Out Among Programming Languages
6. Why Choose Anudip Foundation?
7. Microsoft Azure Features And Components
8. Knowledge Science Training In Mumbai Archives
9. Bsc It Distance Education - Simplidistance
10. Pmp - Project Management Professional Certification A Fuel To High Salary And Bright Career
Author: Avan Jack
11. Do Employers Really Value Your Mba Degree?
12. Why Go For A Management Education?
13. Why Machine Learning Matters To The New Generation?
14. How Online Pte Practice Material Helps?
15. 4 Ways Management Studies Help In Making Career In Healthcare
Author: Akash Mishra