ALL >> Health >> View Article
Want To Lose 20 Pounds, Reset Your Thyroid! - Freedom Age
Hypothyroidism is observed in men as well as women very commonly in today’s day and age.
It does have some 20% genetic element, however, it is 80% lifestyle-related, which is the reason it is springing up in young girls and boys as early as 20 to 30 years!
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism are vast:
Top Sixteen Symptoms of Hypothyroid
Increased sensitivity to cold
Unexplained weight gain
Elevated blood cholesterol level
Muscle aches and pain
Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods
Slower heart rate
Key is to test appropriately and diagnose it.
Most people are advised to test their TSH levels and do total T3 T4, which lack sensitivity in diagnosing this condition.
However, in my opinion, it’s very crucial to test antibodies which are often raised without any change in the thyroid hormones!
The newer guidelines of the American College of Endocrinology consider anybody with a TSH level of over 3.0 as hypothyroid. Most doctors think that TSH over 5 is only worth looking at.
Unfortunately, this leaves many people suffering unnecessarily.
To get complete picture following tests are recommended :
1) Free T3, T4, TSH ( Optimum TSH below 3, Free T3 3, Free T4 1)
2) Antithyroid antibodies and Thyroid peroxidase antibody should be tested and normal.
3) 24-hour Urine for free T3
4) Reverse T3
Mostly thyroid disorder is also associated with autoimmunity and therefore like in all autoimmune disorders its important to look for underlying disorders, which could be as follows:
a) Chronic gut infections such as Candida, Lyme, Parasites, Viral infections etc
b) Food Intolerances: Gluten, Lactose, and other specific sensitivities or intolerances
c) Nutrient deficiencies such as Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Vitamin D, Omega 3 etc.
d) Heavy metal accumulation especially mercury can disrupt thyroid function
e) Pesticides, chemicals, and colors in food damage the thyroid
f) Chronic stress like it is implicated in all chronic diseases it causes thyroid imbalance too
g) Lack of exercise: stagnancy leads to accumulation of toxins due to stasis of lymphatic system.
Dr. Kalpana Shekhawat MD
Functional Medicine Specialist
Dry Hair, Dry Skin, Functional Medicine, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Hypothyroidism, Root Cause, Weight Loss
After more than 12 years of practicing Conventional Allopathic medicine, I can most definitely say last 7 years of Functional Medicine Practice has been the most rewarding part of my career. My practice style has remained the same. I spend plenty of quality time with each patient and my support staff is also trained to do the same. The joy and satisfaction of knowing I have made a difference in the lives of patients and their families is incomparable. My practice attracts patients who have not had success with conventional medicine or they cannot endure or will not take prescription drugs. I integrate a scientifically proven research based Functional Medicine approach to conventional medicine, including natural alternatives to prescription drugs, vitamin and nutrient supplements, Intravenous nutrition and detox therapies as well as nutritional advice. Although my main focus is prevention, I specialize in all chronic illness.
Health Articles1. How To Take Tramadol Medicine And Things You Need To Inform Your Doctor?
Author: Johnny Sins
2. Zopiclone 7.5mg:- An Insomnia Drug And Precautions
3. How To Hire An Orthodontist?
Author: Calvin Carey
4. Understanding The Need Of Dental Insurance For Best Orthodontist In Brooklyn
Author: Dr. David Dayan
5. Buy Vahdam Darjeeling Black Teas Online
Author: Vahdam Tea
6. Important Things To Know About Corporate Office Massages
Author: James Johnson
7. Liposuction Is A Safe Way To Lose Fat!
Author: Jason Faulkner
8. Male Organ Sensitivity Preservation: What It Is And How To Keep It
Author: John Dugan
9. Should You Gift Your Parents The Electric Toothbrush?
Author: Berry Adams
10. Stretch Marks Treatment
Author: Sonali Shinde
11. Diagnostic Tests For Determining Tumescence Dysfunction
Author: John Dugan
12. Glucosamine/ Chondroitin | Anti-inflammatory Education
Author: David Seaman
13. 4 Things To Keep In Mind While Applying For A Home Loan
14. How To Deal With Thyroid?
Author: Rakesh K Srivastava
15. Buy Soma 350 Mg Online – Soma Uses & Side Effects | Carisoprodol 350 Mg
Author: Emily Graham