ALL >> Education >> View Article
Pgdm Or Mba?
What should one choose: the PGDM or the MBA? These letters float before the eyes while deciding on the future after your graduation. You want to get into business administration and both these options are open for you.
The PGDM stands for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management, while the MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration. The MBA is one of the most popular and sought after degree in business administration. But, the PGDM is available in the most trusted and successful institutions like IIMs, XLRI, MDI, BIMTECH, FMS, etc.
Legally, the MBA, BBA, BTech, and BE can be offered only by universities. Any organization which wants to offer the MBA has to be affiliated to a university. The MBA is accredited by the university tpo which the college is affliated.
The autonomous bodies of education, which are not affiliated to any university, offer only Diploma courses, not the Degree courses. Thus they offer the courses like the PGDM. There is nothing to worry about as this diploma is recognized by the AICTE or the All India Council for Technical Education.
It makes no difference at all whether you do the PGDM or the MBA. Let’s see some parameters:
• Industry acceptance - Both qualifications are equally accepted in the industry.
• Salary- Depends upon the college or school from where you studied, not upon whether it was PGDM or MBA.
• Career Growth – Both offer the same career growth. It is more individual dependent rather than qualification dependent.
If you want to work abroad, the job prospects are the same for both. The college and your individual performance matter more when you look for a job or a good salary package.It’s only if you are looking for higher education like the doctorate or a double MBA, the MBA degree holds a little more value than the PGDM diploma.
For MBA programs, the ETS or the Educational Testing Systems is preferred. Though colleges offering MBA look for a business background and much more to grant you admission.
Education Articles1. Top Web Design Trends To Rule In 2020
Author: SCP Academy
2. Economics And Careers In 2020
3. Know How To Make The Most Of Your Business School Experience
4. Mba Specializations To Choose Based On Your Interests
Author: ksm bangalore
5. Steps To Be Taken To Choose The Right College/institution For Your Professional Education?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
6. Top Reasons Why Six Sigma Green Belt Training Is Helpful For Career-driven Professionals?
Author: Rohit Tiwari
7. How Is Blockchain Technology Making The Supply Chain Smarter?
Author: Block chain council
8. Bim For Infrastructure & Online Bim Training – Things You Need To Know In 2020
9. Why Learning Towers Are Becoming Immensely Popular Now
Author: Fiona Whelan
10. Get Your Kid Enrolled In The Robotics Classes In Pune Today!
Author: Ankur Anand
11. Advantages Of Cbse Board Over State Board
Author: Priya Varma
12. Journal Writers And Researchers: Here Is Your Call!
Author: Robert Neumann
13. Everything You Need To Know About Mba In Information Technology Business Management
Author: jessica parkar
14. What Is The Average Placement Of Ifim Business School Bangalore
15. Creative Thinking Activities For Employees – How To Increase Productivity At Work
Author: Daniel Weber