ALL >> Business >> View Article
What Is A Steam Trap And Why Is It Used?
A steam trap is an automatic valve that separates condensate and non-condensable gases with a negligible loss of live steam. For industrial purposes, steam is used for heating or even as an impetus for mechanical power. Steam traps ensure prevention of wastage of steam.
Let us see why a steam trap is installed. Steam is formed when water vaporizes to form gas. For vaporization to occur, water molecules must be given sufficient energy to break the molecular bonds. The energy given to convert a liquid to a gas is called ‘latent heat’.
Heating processes that are steam-based use latent heat and transfer it to a given product. When this is done, steam turns into condensate. The condensate does not have ability to perform the same work that steam does. Heating efficiency can be negatively affected if condensate is not removed as quickly as possible.
The most common choice of traps is the thermostatic steam trap. These traps are known for their air handling abilities, and are used for drip, tracing and process applications.
Thermax Ltd, is a major player in the Energy and Environment business has established a manufacturing set-up based in Pune. Steam traps are part of their extensive list of steam accessories which include condensate recovery system, pre-fabricated modules, pressure reducing stations, pressure reducing and desuper heating system, valves, steam line mountings, boiler house products and monitoring equipment along with specialty products.
You can find four kinds of steam traps at Thermax: thermodynamic steam trap, float controlled steam trap, thermostatic steam trap, and the bi-metallic steam trap. The most common type of trap, which is the thermostatic steam trap is a stainless steel body balanced pressure trap with a built in strainer, and is ideal for the removal of condensate from instrumentation tracing lines. The membrane capsule regulator in the trap resists corrosion and is unaffected by the water hammer. It discharges condensate below saturation temperature which leads to increased heat recovery from the condensate.
We hope this article helped you understand what steam traps are and why they are used. To find out more about the best steam trap providers in the country.
Business Articles1. Threat Protection: Benefit Your Company’s Safety With Cyber Security- Mannai Networking & Elv
2. Custom Hotdog Boxes - Top 3 Advantages
Author: Andy Young
3. Fire Resistant Paint For Industrial & Commercial Building Materials
4. Control Technician Jobs Availability In Ontario, Canada.
5. Why Is There A Need For Hiring Security Guards?
Author: Logan Hartley
6. Why China Is Considered As Best Tourism Place?
Author: anu walia
7. Tips To Make The Most Out Of Courier Service In Darwin
Author: Gabriel Gould
8. The Benefits Of Hiring A Third Party Seo Agency Today
9. Benefits Of Hiring A Third Party As An Seo Agent For The Company
10. China Business Seminar In London: Why Baidu Advertising Is Becoming More Popular
Author: Barry Alison
11. Need A Star Bm Magazine? Check Sarco Inc. First!
Author: Ruben Carrion
12. Amines Market Size, Share, Growth & Trend Analysis Report
Author: roselyn henson
13. Fruits And Vegetables Ingredients Industry 2023 With Market Top Manufacturers, Region And Demand
14. Air Fryer Market Size, Share, Growth & Trend Analysis Report
Author: roselyn henson
15. Send Flowers To The Uae Through A Trusted Flower Delivery Network
Author: Arabian Florist