ALL >> Education >> View Article
What Are The Benefits Of Using Biofilters?
Biofilters are designed primarily for the purpose of water filtration and to eliminate solids from water that cause it to become cloudy. These water purification systems are very useful in controlling pollution with the help of living organisms to capture and degrade pollutants. Biofilters are used for treating wastewater, capturing harmful chemicals from runoff water, and removing toxic contaminants from air.
Biofilters today are in use for several applications. The most popular ones include bioswales, constructed or natural wetlands, slow sand filters, treatment ponds and green belts.
All have a particular function and use and different kinds of organic material are used for removing different pollutants.
Biofilters are used for filtering water in the form of trickling filters. They use natural microorganisms in surface water to improve the quality of water. In ideal situations, low turbidity and high oxygen content helps micro-organisms decompose pollutants in water, thus improving the quality of drinking water. Some other natural methods such as sand filters are common for carbon filters and are used to stimulate growth of healthy microorganisms that help in decomposing pollutant material present in water. Treating water using biological filtration methods has additional advantages of reducing waterborne diseases and dissolving organic carbon in water.
The success of a biofilter is majorly dependent on the efficient maintenance of the biomass attached to the filter. Biomass detachment is one of the most vital mechanisms that can affect the maintenance of biomass in a biofilter. Erosion, abrasion, sloughing, grazing, and filter backwashing are commonly observed detachment mechanisms. These may happen because of fluid shear and scraping of the biocell from the surface due to collision of external particles. Large patches of biomass are detached by sloughing, and a portion of the biomass particularly on the outer surface of the biofilm could be lost due to the grazing of protozoa. The biomass profile is the most important element in the design of water purification systems like biolfilters and must be chosen carefully so as to perform optimal organic removal.
Education Articles1. Benefits Of Ccna Certification For Your Networking Career
2. Should You Employ A Designer When Renovating Your Kitchen Area?
Author: Alex Arnorld
3. Why Opting For Photography Courses Is Best For Your Clicking Career?
Author: Dk Digital Tech
4. How Could You Make Coding Fun?
Author: shubham sharma
5. How To Quickly Manage High School Teachers Responsibilities
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
6. "the Best Tips To Enrich Communication Between Students, Staff And Parents "
Author: Neelima Ls
7. Best It Training Institute In Jamshedpur
Author: Best IT training institute in jamshepur
8. 10 Famous Trumpet Players
Author: Bishal Sharma
9. Reasons Why Engineering Is Important In Present Day?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
10. Which Is The Best Mca College In Mumbai? Which College Is Better For Pursuing Mca And Have Better P
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
11. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
12. The Alignment Of My Project Methodology To The Lean Process
Author: Debra Gentz
13. What Are Some Of The Best Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi?
Author: insights success
14. All You Need To Know About Scholarships For International Students In Australia
Author: Echoes Education
15. Difference Between Mbbs In Ukraine And Other Countries For Indian Students