ALL >> Education >> View Article
Understanding Product Design And Related Courses In India
"Designs touch our lives in profound ways. Today, doodling has become more of a stress buster. However, designs are not just restricted to doodling or creating impactful banners. With the rise in digitalisation, there is demand for product designers. In fact, product design is a growing concept in India. To become a successful product designer, one needs to think out of the box, understand consumer trends and have a strong design thinking.
Where can one find suitable product design courses in India ?
Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai: ISDI believes in three principles: creativity, innovation and sustainability. ISDI delivers the same through their 4-year intensive product design program that is divided into eight semesters. At the end of the undergraduate course , designers will receive the opportunity to work with either Falguni & Shane Peacock or Shoppers Stop, House of Napius or Indelust or Herringbone & Sui. The course focuses on:
- Research, design and development
- Models, mockups and prototypes
- Process drawing and digital presentation
- Computer-aided product design
- Design methodology, systems thinking
- Design concepts and applications
- Liberal arts
- Portfolio, publication and dynamic media
The criteria include:
- Candidates who have passed X and XII from any board with interest in design and innovation
- Upper age limit is 21 years
Pearl Academy, Mumbai: Pearl Academy also gives 4-year course to ambitious designers that are segregated into foundation diploma, basic diploma, advanced diploma and professional diploma. The basic qualifications needed are:
- Passing of XII from any recognised board
- NATA 2017 scores are accepted
Learnings from the course?
- Exploring new materials
- Understanding of wide variety of production processes
- Holistically examine systems and ecologies
- Manage business imperatives like research, conceptualising and executing
MIT Institute of Design, Pune: MIT helps the learners to understand various processes, systems and approaches for creating tangible products. MITID’s product design course is unique as it carters to undergraduates as well as postgraduates.
While undergraduate program comprises of eight semesters, their post-graduation courses are divided into four. The graduates are open to further explore opportunities in the market. How?
- Can build a career with organisations dealing with consumer durables, consumer electronics, automotive and personal products
- They can also land themselves jobs with organisations involved in infrastructure and basic amenities
- Design studios or small to medium enterprises or engineers from different universities can also join hands with MITID’s designers."
Author Bio:-Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about everything they need to know about product design courses in India before enrolling themselves into one. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated on new designing courses. His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. Jenny Mcconnell A Famous Physiotherapist
Author: Jugal yadav
2. Salesforce Online Training
3. Sole: School Of Legal Education, An Attempt To Simply Law Study.
Author: Elika Madaan
4. Solar Water Heater: Complete Overview And Guide
5. Nlp In Bangalore-indian Leadership Academy
Author: Krishnanunni A
6. Banglore Lets Understand Nlp
Author: Jojo Excy
7. How To Choose A Pgdm College In Kolkata Without Stressing Too Much
8. Top 5 Latest Techniques Used In After Effects
Author: Arena animation
9. 6 Major Uses Of Python
10. Save Water
Author: SIS - Sagar International School
11. Law Courses In Bangalore
12. Understanding Why The Field Of Data Science Is Getting So Important
13. Cbse Schools Near Sarjapur Road
14. Keeping To A Good Academic Rhythm Through Online Help
Author: Denice Moeller
15. What Are The Latest Inventions Of Iot?