ALL >> Education >> View Article
Embracing A Culture Of Excellence In Schools
There is a need to develop a culture of excellence in schools that permeates every classroom and department. The sole focus of this culture of excellence wouldn’t be on getting the best grade, rather on getting the best learning and creating a passion for learning that will last a lifetime. This culture is one that can be witnessed in one of the best international schools in Bangalore, Asia Pacific World School (APWS).
Countries where levels of educational achievements are low suffer from greater levels of inequality. The link between the two is the key to the development of a nation. APWS is among the premier international schools in Bangalore where excellence is a way of life of every student.
Following are some practices that APWS adopts, that can be adopted by other institutions or even parents who want to develop a culture of excellence for their children.
1) Raise The Bar
Get a detailed idea of what excellence looks like in each subject. Set the expectations from a child clearly to them at the beginning of the year, so that they can work towards this goal in a systematic manner. As educators you can help them in chalking out a plan for this and suggest approaches they could adopt. This also helps the child to think about their subject with more purpose. Sharing examples of the excellent work done by other students can be shared in class so that children, teachers, and parents know what we’re aiming for.
2) Lead The Way
Setting high standards isn’t enough if nothing is done to model how these standards are to be attained. Ensuring that students are meeting these standards requires teachers to display live modeling in class. For example a teacher could answer a question and explain the thought process they followed to reach the answer in front of a class.
3) Don’t Settle
Substandard work can become a dangerous norm when the attitude of just getting the work done sets in with students and teachers. Set the expectation that work isn’t all done until it is excellent. Practices such as proof-reading and redrafting multiple times should become the norm if we want excellent work to be the only acceptable submissions.
We hope you found these tips from the best CBSE schools in Bangalore, helpful in embracing your own culture of excellence in whichever educational setting you are. Thank you!
Education Articles1. What Makes Cissp Certification So Popular In Information Security?
Author: Avan Jack
2. 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh India Rishikesh Yog
Author: Rishikesh Yogpeeth
3. What Are The Advantages Of Joining The Best Nda Coaching Centers In Chandigarh?
4. One Stop Solution For Mbbs In Ukraine: Mbbs Universities
5. Sidechains: Top Five Siblings In The Eos Family
Author: Block chain council
6. Online Bim Training – Begin Your Bim & Revit Journey From The Best E-learning Education In 2020
7. Best Vfx Institute In Pune - Arena Animation Tilak Road
Author: Arena Animation Tilak Road
8. 2020 Student Goal Templates For Teachers
Author: Elise Simpson
9. Get The Best Knowledge About Api Testing With Postman
Author: ASkme training
10. 84% Of Employers Find Cybersecurity Certifications That Align With Military Job Roles As The Gold St
11. Get Ahead With Brain Developmental Milestones At Kindyroo Singapore
12. Advanced Data Science Training And Certification: At The Cusp Of An Evolution
13. The Perks Of Pursuing Mba In Healthcare Management
14. Pcs Coaching In Lucknow
Author: AthenA Coaching Academy
15. Significance Becoming A Certified Blockchain Expert
Author: Block chain council