ALL >> Education >> View Article
Embracing A Culture Of Excellence In Schools
There is a need to develop a culture of excellence in schools that permeates every classroom and department. The sole focus of this culture of excellence wouldn’t be on getting the best grade, rather on getting the best learning and creating a passion for learning that will last a lifetime. This culture is one that can be witnessed in one of the best international schools in Bangalore, Asia Pacific World School (APWS).
Countries where levels of educational achievements are low suffer from greater levels of inequality. The link between the two is the key to the development of a nation. APWS is among the premier international schools in Bangalore where excellence is a way of life of every student.
Following are some practices that APWS adopts, that can be adopted by other institutions or even parents who want to develop a culture of excellence for their children.
1) Raise The Bar
Get a detailed idea of what excellence looks like in each subject. Set the expectations from a child clearly to them at the beginning of the year, so that they can work towards this goal in a systematic manner. As educators you can help them in chalking out a plan for this and suggest approaches they could adopt. This also helps the child to think about their subject with more purpose. Sharing examples of the excellent work done by other students can be shared in class so that children, teachers, and parents know what we’re aiming for.
2) Lead The Way
Setting high standards isn’t enough if nothing is done to model how these standards are to be attained. Ensuring that students are meeting these standards requires teachers to display live modeling in class. For example a teacher could answer a question and explain the thought process they followed to reach the answer in front of a class.
3) Don’t Settle
Substandard work can become a dangerous norm when the attitude of just getting the work done sets in with students and teachers. Set the expectation that work isn’t all done until it is excellent. Practices such as proof-reading and redrafting multiple times should become the norm if we want excellent work to be the only acceptable submissions.
We hope you found these tips from the best CBSE schools in Bangalore, helpful in embracing your own culture of excellence in whichever educational setting you are. Thank you!
Education Articles1. Seo Tools And What Are The Ways To Use That Tools?
Author: Benjamin Andrew Stokes
2. Why School Buses Are Yellow In Color?
Author: My schoolr
3. How To Identify The Best Athletic Trainer In India
4. The Distance To The 3 Major Medical Universities In Ukraine From Kiev
5. Why Python Stands Out Among Programming Languages
6. Why Choose Anudip Foundation?
7. Microsoft Azure Features And Components
8. Knowledge Science Training In Mumbai Archives
9. Bsc It Distance Education - Simplidistance
10. Pmp - Project Management Professional Certification A Fuel To High Salary And Bright Career
Author: Avan Jack
11. Do Employers Really Value Your Mba Degree?
12. Why Go For A Management Education?
13. Why Machine Learning Matters To The New Generation?
14. How Online Pte Practice Material Helps?
15. 4 Ways Management Studies Help In Making Career In Healthcare
Author: Akash Mishra